IGNORED

poop cruise

data

apparently there's a cruise ship adrift in the gulf of mexico with 4000 people onboard and only 5 working toilets. food and water's running out and people are fighting and pooping all over the place.

Toby Barlow’s wife Ann told him there was “sewage running down the
walls and floors” with passengers being asked to defecate in bags and
urinate in showers due to a lack of functioning toilets. Food lines ran
3½ hours long and some, like herself, slept outside to keep cool.

http://barfblog.com/tags/carnival-triumph/

[youtubehd]OmFDfAqfBd0[/youtubehd]

should make for a fun "based on real events" comedy some day.

Guest Mirezzi

i always assumed this is what all cruises were like

lol, exactly.

With or without a failure to the ship's systems, I'd think of a cruise ship in this way. I'm so not interested in that experience, let alone to consider it a vacation.

I went on a cruise around the Hawaiian islands a few years ago, and it was great. It was a Norwegian Cruise, though, which allows you a lot of freedom in where you want to go on the ship, what you want to do on shore, etc (most other cruise lines are extremely rigid, forcing you to eat at table x at restaurant y at 6:47 pm regardless of what you actually want to do; that seems like hell to me).

Even got ourselves caught in a pretty severe storm which freaked a bunch of landlocked midwestern types out, but I loved it. The ship, crew, service people etc all held up wonderfully. Slept like a baby (a tired baby, not a cranky goddamn baby).

The ship itself had a sort of a corny disneyland-style prefab posh atmosphere which was silly, but the whole point was being on the ocean and seeing the islands, volcanoes in the distance, and landing for a full day and evening of exploration. But it was also the Hawaiian Fucking Islands, and visiting them by sea is really the only way that makes sense, innit.

I have never heard a single positive thing about Carnival cruises.

I went on a Carnival cruise in 2011 (Carnival Magic, not the Triumph), and it was a great experience. Too bad for these poor sods.

Apparently a fire is the cause of the whole problem.

this is off topic, but has anyone ever had tamarind juice and not shat all over themselves?

just... uh, curious

yeah, but you need a desi's stomach. there's a delicious chutney made out of it.

It's the only desi culinary thing that fucks me up1. Makes me sad, tastes so good and I want dat chutney

1Going to the subcontinent this April, so I'll see if this is actually true I guess

Seriously can't stop pooping right now ugh

I went on a 9-day cruise that departed from Vancouver and went along the coast of Alaska a few years back, and it was the best vacation I've ever been on. The ship (Princess) was amazing, acomodations were great, and Alaska's fucking beautiful. Did some awesome shit when we docked like whale watching, taking a sea-plane tour through some fjords, salmon bakes, hiking and canoeing... I'd absolutely love to go on another cruise. Sucks for these folks, but I'm sure they'll get plenty of reimbursement.

this is what you do with money when you have a lot and have no taste

similar to buying an audi or a mercedes

actually these cruises are almost exclusively middle class fat americans.

rich people just go to st. barts and then get a private boat

Royal Caribbean (can't vouch for Norwegian personally) > Carnival

Carnival had another ship with an engine fire in the Pacific a year or two ago, same severity with little power and food and they own and operated the Costa Concordia too, albeit under a different sub-brand:

c10_11419115.jpg

Also, Royal Caribbean almost always hires Norwegian captains for their main ships whereas Carnival usually has Americans and Italians with less experience. I know that's arguably racist, but seriously, of the few cruises with RC I've been with each captain was Norwegian and would literally come on the PA to apologize for the ship listing more than 1-2 degrees despite fucking 50 mph winds outside and then explain how technically it was all normal. Costa Concordia's captain abandoned ship before the fucking Italian coast guard even arrived. Do the math.

Every time I hear about something shitty happening on a cruise, I wonder, "Was it Carnival?" The answer is always yes. When will people learn?

Here is what happens on Carnival cruises:

1. People get raped.

2. The boat fucking sinks.

3. People poop everywhere.

Choose your vacation!

Archived