IGNORED

Mid 90s style jungle

Amen Warrior

Love the amen break, the chords are amazing, love the acid in there and the change of pitch of the break, really well produced and energetic, great feel to it, the vintage drum machines in there too are great, reminds me of Burnin' Tree a little, awesome!

Thanks for listening everyone, i'm finishing this off today.

Been on a jungle tip recently so maybe will have enough to do a bandcamp release or something like that.

Great stuff, man. Reminds me what I love about jungle.

If you want it to be more "90's" you should make it more dull (e.g. roll-off some high-end on the 2-bus).

Cheers for the advice :beer:

Dope shit as usual, besides the amens, pads and some effects, the acid parts keep it from sounding mid 90's jungle imo. Lose the squelch, get a few vocals 'awww yeaaahh's' like you say, + insert timestretched bludclot in breakdown, some solid sub 808 booooomsss and you're good to go.

Guest adore

Great stuff. I would add a second layered bassline and get out more of the lower-end frequencies. It doesn't have enough room to breathe and drowns a bit in the beat, you could compress the beat as the bassline enters to make room for it. The song is not filling up the entire eq soundscape, it's missing some mid-frequencies, which become hard to hear due to the louder high-end frequencies our ears hear first. The synth that goes with the pad could be of higher volume. Like Djeroek said, if you add something more to it, like a vocal or similar, you could make it into something more memorable. Personally I'd like to see something like a pad with more impact, right now it sounds kind of flat in the soundscape. Add some reverb and a second layer with a different pad a octave lower. I preferred the cymbals more laid back like at 1:35 than 1:58, there they also came across as more varied and fun. Overall work on filling the landscape more, there's much room to spare, you won't regret it. The effects are great, but would make even more of an impact if there are a lot of elements there for them to work with.

Again, great work, reminded me of a lot of old Squarepusher material. Keep doing your thing, you definitely have talent.

Guest nuclearaddict

Love the amen. Can never get enough of it. Build up does take a little while, but I think that's because you're missing the diva vocals ;]

2:22 is the great. Love that bass mashed with the amen. That's my shit, man. Gotta expand upon that bit.

Overall, you're on to something really nice. Each section is nice, the build-up is cool, the amen is great and that 2:22 section is in my head now. Keep it up.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived