IGNORED

Mogwai - Les Revenants

kirm

yeah is all quiet stuff but really gorgeous and well done. There is also a cover of some gospel country song on it which sounds loads like Spiritualized to me, which I thought was interesting although it does sound a bit out of place compared to the rest of it

• 8 months later...
Guest Ron Manager

it's REALLY fucking good. AOTY for me, or at least definitely in the top 3. i loved the show too (season 2 will probably be its making though), but the music was out of this world. apparently Mogwai recorded it having only read a brief script. i came to it that way too - got the soundtrack, loved it, then watched the show, and i like how it feels as if the show was made for the music. i agree that the cover of 'What Are They Doing In Heaven Today' is odd, but i guess it works, it's not a bad track but i'm not particularly fond of it either.

• 3 months later...

Good news! CODY is also prob my Fav Mogwai so interested to see what the extra tracks sound like

I enjoyed Rave Tapes at 1st but quite quickly became bored with it, This Soundtrack was much better so looking forward to the new 1!

Guest Ron Manager

i've honestly only listened to Rave Tapes maybe twice through, but yeah, i don't find it particularly inspiring either. but much to look forward to nevertheless!

Archived