Joyrex

During a FOX Engine panel at the Game Developers Conference, Hideo Kojima announced that The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes combined is actually Metal Gear Solid V.

Source: Engadget (WTF?)

Apparently not - MGS V's trailer (expected to be released later today) shows Snake in a coma, and doctors try and revive him, so the beginning of the game, Snake's movement is limited. I think that's what TPP was alluding to.

LOL, people sussed that Phantom Pain was MGS5 a while back. I've not been keeping up too much, but after seeing the Phantom Pain logo with the outlines of "METAL GEAR SOLID V" I was kind of convinced. The whole Joakim Mogren thing is weird too, Kojima's a funny guy!

He certainly knows how to stir up interest.

I didn't see this thread. I posted already in the VG thread.

I watched the conference from beginning to end.

I'm SUPER excited for this game to come out. The FOX Engine is an amazing engine. It'll be interesting to see what other games will use it and what the result will be.

I posted the HD trailer in the VG thread, I guess I'll post it again here:

Can't wait for the gameplay bit to come on youtube in HD. The gamespot feed cut out part way through the gameplay so I missed some of it.

For the first time ever, I'm actually casually interested in a MGS game. I haven't read up on it so pardon me if this is a stupid question, but is part of the game taking place in Snake's coma-world? If that's the case then HELL YEAH! I mean... that flame-whale...(!)

I am excited for these new Metal Gear blu-ray films from Sony.

yeah I love MGS but the lengthy cut scenes and plots within plots did take the piss in MGS4 especially when you were dying for a piss

I just wanna pop a few darts and crawl around some bushes maan

I really liked the one in Vietnam, it was a much more interesting setting than the boat.

The game was called Snake Eater, he literally ate snakes for health, that game was insane, i loved how you interacted with the jungle.

I am excited for these new Metal Gear blu-ray films from Sony.

yeah I love MGS but the lengthy cut scenes and plots within plots did take the piss in MGS4 especially when you were dying for a piss

I just wanna pop a few darts and crawl around some bushes maan

Did you perhaps think of PAUSING the game during the cut-scene to take a piss? lol

I definitely love the long cut-scenes. It makes the "game" a hybrid of movie and gaming. Imagine an awesome movie, but for a lot of it you get to control what the main character does. MGS does exactly that. I love it.

I really liked the one in Vietnam, it was a much more interesting setting than the boat.

The game was called Snake Eater, he literally ate snakes for health, that game was insane, i loved how you interacted with the jungle.

3 is probably my fav overall... The Jungle, the Cold War references, the bosses were cool, and no overly excessive cutscenes... I still need to play Peace Walker though. Fortunately I have the HD pack so this will happen soon.

3 is probably my fav overall... The Jungle, the Cold War references, the bosses were cool, and no overly excessive cutscenes... I still need to play Peace Walker though. Fortunately I have the HD pack so this will happen soon.

I've heard gameplay-wise that Peace Walker is the best one. I really want to play it!

Looks petty amazing, best graphics I've seen for awhile... But is this going be a ps4 game? Love the mg series but I'm not going by a ps4 just for this.

There's plenty of other reasons to buy a ps4 man. plenty.

Looks petty amazing, best graphics I've seen for awhile... But is this going be a ps4 game? Love the mg series but I'm not going by a ps4 just for this.

There's plenty of other reasons to buy a ps4 man. plenty.

If I can't take my ps3 games with me I'm staying where I am.

So here is some new info. Metal Gear Solid 5 will be made up of 2 separate games. The first game acts as a prologue, which will be MGS: Ground Zeroes. Then there will be a follow up game, which will be The Phantom Pain.

source: http://www.psu.com/a018899/UPDATE--Metal-Gear-Solid-V-announced-is-Ground-Zeroes-+-The-Phantom-Pain-combined

Also, here is a gameplay demo for The Phantom Pain from Kojima-san's GDC conference.

you'd think that your mate would have dragged you. Well if he really existed he would.

Perhaps he thought he should allow Big Boss to retrain his muscles properly, along with the injection he gave him.

Archived