IGNORED

Yall hear about Kevin Ware yet?

Fred McGriff

First of all, hi. This is the first thread i've made in about a year. Hi.

Secondly, dude, wtf? Did yall hear about Kevin Ware yet? Yesterday this young basketball player jumped up to block a basketball, and when he landed, his leg frickin exploded inside and then collapsed and then he was on the ground all leg dangly and it looked like some world war 2 faces of death shit. It was the most surreal sports injury I've ever seen. I feel bad for the kid, get well soon Kevin. Now check out the video!

[youtubehd]Os7HP7F60vo[/youtubehd]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

jesus christ. i saw a split-second of the landing and can't bear to watch a replay, that is fucking horrendous.

I watched it live. My brain didn't process it right at first. I thought maybe he dislocated his knee. They wouldn't even show a replay of what happened, so I looked online and I can see why. Pretty horrific shit. All of the players on the court freaked out as well.

those are bad breaks too (actually the second is an obvious dive), but the difference is, those make sense.

how the hell do you jump up, and when you come down to land like a normal human being without any other force, your leg just breaks in 5 places? wtf?? I'm seriously nervous about jumping up and down now.

those are bad breaks too (actually the second is an obvious dive), but the difference is, those make sense.

how the hell do you jump up, and when you come down to land like a normal human being without any other force, your leg just breaks in 5 places? wtf?? I'm seriously nervous about jumping up and down now.

The Cisse one still doesnt make sense to me, The bone just gives way, like the Ware one too. The only thing I could think of is if you had a cracked fibula and the extra force was just enough to make it give way.

Apparently a cracked fibula goes unnoticed commonly enough.

Here's a close-up. I knew it'd be bad, akin to those videos posted and the Thiesman of legs collapsing when they break, but the way this one broke through flesh is absolutely horrendous. You can see why people were freaking out, I'm shocked no one passed out (that I saw).

spoiler for obvious reasons:

6gWpoez.jpg

Guest Gary C

Shit. That spoilered pic is horrendous.

I'm most shocked at the manner in which his leg crumbles when it appears to just be a normal jump and landing It's different in football injuries when there's usually another force snapping the leg from the side. I guess this is just the most unfortunate example of fractionally misaligned pressure.

Archived