IGNORED

Margaret Thatcher has died.

Friendly Foil

The thing that has really got me down about this is the news footage of people saying they 'will celebrate with a pint' the death of a human being. I don't believe the majority of these people even mean it. It's a herd mentality thing. Where is the humanity?

(waiting for someone to point out inhumane action caused by Thatcher led Tory government).

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thatcher was in power
Times were tight and sour
The letter A was sprayed in a circle everywhere

And everybody's head was gettin' shaved or spiked
My sister stitched her flares and made 'em into drainpipes
She was into Adam Ant and Wuthering Heights
I was getting into Madness and grifter bikes

Mom had to work late, I had no complaints
Used to get away with murder when Grandad babysat
Used to play fox and hound 'til the sun came down,
singin' Lip Up Fatty, running wild through the ghost town

And all I wanted was Doc boots and braces
My ear pierced, "So, mum, what's a racist?"
She didn't explain that we weren't quite Caucasian,
as we could see black children on some future occasion
And she'd keep that shtum
All my friends are gettin' brainwashed
NF and swastikas they're scratchin' on the desktops

Riots and violence on the TV
broken down on Newsround while eatin' Toast Toppers, watchin' coppers get beat down
Church discos and trips with the play scheme
Dancin' to ska, kissing the girl of my dreams
My tenth birthday and those two-tones stay pressed
Money in my card I bought One Step Beyond, yes
Lent it to a friend, never got it back
Dear Jim could you fix it for me?
Remember that?

Just a 70s baby, early 80s child
Reminiscin' 'bout the days in the brick backyard
Reminscin' 'bout the days and you think times are hard

Oh, let me tell you now, woo, oh, a wicked witch was in power
And oh, my god she did devour
Cast a spell called depression made a living hell
Turned man against man forgot the boys and girls
We had no future, home computer
Had to make do with what we had
Knock-a-door-run and the hand-me-down gowns
Current beat, upbeat, Cracker Jack of Underground, synthpop, Muppet Show, electro on the radio
Mum, turn it up, it's a new thing, yeah

Now all I want is high tech's with fat bass
He’s got the next best friend started scratchin' and breakin'
Snatch your racks and battery by the stack to keep the boom box from going flat
Didn't cope and went in over the store with a performance kid this place has never been so packed
Street light for a spot light, cardboard box for a stage
And if you had a score to settle you resolved it with your breakin'
Not like now they're using guns and bats
Robbin' old folk, we don’t need no more of that

Reminiscin' 'bout the days in the brick backyard
Reminscin' 'bout the days and you think times are hard

Every brick and every stone thrown
Was for you and me
They stood firm
Truly revolutionary
Gave back as good as what they go

Guest chunky

but one of her protégés is in power now

nope. she was genuine. this guy is a fraud. big difference. thatcher was an ideologue who couldnt escape her own ideas and beliefs, slightly deluded in her lack of empathy for certain groups of people. this guy is spineless popularity seeker wholly under the influence of banks. she had no clue about what european union was really about until the end of her career. this guy knows what it's truly about and goes along with it anyway.

wishing death on people brings to mind pagan rituals and worship of the sun, halfhuman-halfmonkeys chanting round a monolith and throwing bones into the air :cerious: i understand it as being that half my country dont understand thatcher in detail but they have an instinctive tribal instinct that tells them "she is not one of us", and the other half say "hooray, she is one of us". i dont think a lot of her supporters or enemies know much about the details of her life or her personal character, which is more interesting than people realise. on a personal level she was very moral and good. though i think her ideas for privatisation were dumb and ideological in an unconservative way that put ideas before reality and people. imo she was a good person who did bad, mostly via negligence rather than design. i think most people would be evil if you gave them power. having a lot of power is quite a dangerous thing. one thing about her that seems so sad is that her children seem to hate her and didnt have any desire to be close with her. she achieved a lot with her life but then was rejected by her son and daughter. so was it worth the hassle of reaching the top if your own children hate you? i would have liked to know her answer but we can guess at that.

good:

bravery and courage after her friends were blown up in a terrorist attack in brighton

christian personal morality and strong character

proud to have difficult people and people that she didnt agree with working for her (intellectual vitality)

good debating skills and world reputation

bad:

unable to mix strength with compassion, lack of empathy

privatisation sold off the family silver to global governance bankers (stupid in the longterm)

was actually very liberal and from a liberal family. her dad was a national liberal and so was she! but conservatives (christians) take the blame for her liberal (jewish) economic ideas.

put ideas before reality (fail)

she supported the EC/EU without understanding it. when she finally understood the hoodwink, they brought in John Major (a stupid bloke who barely has any qualifications)

whats her legacy? britain is now a small island province of a new country called the European Union, which itself is in preparation for becoming a state in a World Union. Christianity is on the run. People see God as a fiction then turn on television and let themselves be influenced by a million other fictions on their screens. she didnt do anything to stop this because she didnt understand it or see it coming. in the long term thatcher is small potatoes.she had no clue about the psychology of influence. israel is preparing to slowly expand its borders to cover the entire middle east and to make the nations fight each other in needless battles as a distraction and to disrupt cultural continuity and build a global empire. so i dont see the point of caring much about thatcher or her legacy. she's just another ant on this giant rock of an ant colony that we're living on.

good:

christian personal morality and strong character

bad:

was actually very liberal and from a liberal family. her dad was a national liberal and so was she! but conservatives (christians) take the blame for her liberal (jewish) economic ideas.

israel is preparing to slowly expand its borders to cover the entire middle east and to make the nations fight each other in needless battles as a distraction and to disrupt cultural continuity and build a global empire.

yea well i thought liberal actually meant ur a free market shit head

also ur a fucking weirdo m8 why do u hate jews so much it sounds so weirrd. imo hating jews is so old school its al abuot hating arabs and women nowadays

Guest Iain C

insight

Racism is a bit like rap, in that there are three clearly-defined eras: Old School (hating Jews), Golden Age (hating black people), and New School (hating Muslims.) What you can see from that is that we’ve regressed, somewhat - bring back the days of good old skin colour, I say! None of this confusing ethnoreligious stuff.

http://100worstpeopleontwitter.tumblr.com/post/31938663167/28-richard-dawkins

Say what you like about old, white, rich, male professors who don’t go to bed wondering if their house\livestock\kids are going to be a pile of chunks at the end of their driveway in the morning, rationality and clear-headedness comes pretty easy to them.

Nice link, I lolled

Guest Iain C

Actually I'd be more interested in seeing what kind of wacky shit Chunky posts to justify his assertions about the forthcoming Zionist one-world government. That'll be good.

threads like this make me feel much more open to the idea of shaking babies until they die. a

actually i thought this was the rational atheists thread.

Please tell me how she made the world worse for the many?

she flushed the british manufacturing industry down the toilet.

and she stopped my (and many others) free milk at play time.

edit - if you're (lfeelspace) suggesting that she made the world a better place, i'd be interested to hear how.

Archived