IGNORED

Margaret Thatcher has died.

Friendly Foil

So why was this lady a evil?

Privatizing and deregulating - enriching the rich

Hating on unions

Poll tax

Had no problems with the Pinochet regime or Apartheid.

Basically fucking the poor.

She sounds like the female version of Ronald Reagan.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why was this lady a evil?

Privatizing and deregulating - enriching the rich

Hating on unions

Poll tax

Had no problems with the Pinochet regime or Apartheid.

Basically fucking the poor.

She sounds like the female British version of Ronald Reagan.

fix'd

The only reactions to Thatcher's death that are absolutely annoying are all the delusional and nationalistic Argentinian ones criticizing her for the Falkland Islands war. There are a plethora of reasons to speak of ill of Thatcher but I can't find her decision to take back the Falkland Islands territories as one of them. Argentina's military dictatorship invaded the islands (whose residents are all loyal to the UK) after all.

Interestingly enough, the Falklands war was one of the few events Reagan and Thatcher almost disagreed with. The US was very close to both governments, so much so that Argentina thought that at worst the US would remain neutral during the conflict.

I guess we can start fighting for that awesome Orb collection.

Saw the Orb at Brixton Electric (formally Brixton Fridge) on Friday night (I've just moved to Brixton last Monday). Check out this for a setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-orb/2013/electric-brixton-london-england-3d8f103.html

What a great way to go. Dying after an Orb concert.

Guest the anonymous forumite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsq3H_6XuFA

Thatcher is remembered as The Iron Lady only because she possessed completely negative traits such as persistent stubbornness and a determined refusal to listen to others.

Every move she made was charged by negativity; she destroyed the British manufacturing industry, she hated the miners, she hated the arts, she hated the Irish Freedom Fighters and allowed them to die, she hated the English poor and did nothing at all to help them, she hated Greenpeace and environmental protectionists, she was the only European political leader who opposed a ban on the ivory trade, she had no wit and no warmth and even her own cabinet booted her out. She gave the order to blow up The Belgrano even though it was outside of the Malvinas Exclusion Zone—and was sailing AWAY from the islands! When the young Argentinean boys aboard The Belgrano had suffered a most appalling and unjust death, Thatcher gave the thumbs-up sign for the British press.

Iron? No. Barbaric? Yes. She hated feminists even though it was largely due to the progression of the women's movement that the British people allowed themselves to accept that a prime minister could actually be female. But because of Thatcher, there will never again be another woman in power in British politics, and rather than opening that particular door for other women, she closed it.

Thatcher will only be fondly remembered by sentimentalists who did not suffer under her leadership, but the majority of British working people have forgotten her already, and the people of Argentina will be celebrating her death. As a matter of recorded fact, Thatcher was a terror without an atom of humanity.

MORRISSEY.

lol, Morrisesey

Steven Patrick Morrissey, or better known as just Morrissey is an English singer and lyricist with a net worth of $32 million. Morrissey gained his net worth by being the lead vocal singer to the rock band called The Smiths and then, after the band broke up, beginning his solo career. Morrissey was born in Davyhulme, Lancashire, England, and is known as the most important person in Indie music.

So hard done by.

lol, Morrisesey

Steven Patrick Morrissey, or better known as just Morrissey is an English singer and lyricist with a net worth of $32 million. Morrissey gained his net worth by being the lead vocal singer to the rock band called The Smiths and then, after the band broke up, beginning his solo career. Morrissey was born in Davyhulme, Lancashire, England, and is known as the most important person in Indie music.

So hard done by.

he didn't say anything about being hard done by, i think you missunderstood the letter.

Today I visited my grandparents, both suffering from Alzheimer's, and I thought about Thatcher. The Iron Lady died like 10 years ago; but it's not cool to celebrate someone's dementia, is it?

this is what I was thinking. Surely the day she left politics was the one to celebrate if anything. She wasnt exactly effecting political life as an old lady.

No use crying over spilt milk.

No use celebrating the death of the person who spilt the milk.

Archived