IGNORED

Korg Volca series

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck, apparently I won't be getting mine until February now, still not sure whether to try somewhere else or pester them for a refund/discount or what. I ordered mine from Gear4music.co.uk, so heads up for anyone who's done the same.

Shit mate, you might be better off canceling your order and importing one from the US of A. They're so abundant here that they're on the shelves of every Guitar Center.

I say this because "February" doesn't necessarily mean "February." It could very well mean "April" or "May."

Yeah, I've cancelled it, February's not really good enough, I've ordered another from Juno Records, which will apparently be delivered pretty quickly. Plus they actually do seem to have some in stock, so fingers crossed it'll be sorted for Christmas!

Fuck, apparently I won't be getting mine until February now, still not sure whether to try somewhere else or pester them for a refund/discount or what. I ordered mine from Gear4music.co.uk, so heads up for anyone who's done the same.

that's rough dude, i got my volca keys from them, no problems...

they said they had some in stock, i phoned them to make sure and had it 2 days later.... got the 5 year warranty for £7 too

also, just bought a volca bass!! :>)

this time from instruments2go.co.uk, same place i got my beats

looks like they have 2 of each left in stock

i phoned, asked if they really had them in stock, they do

order before 1pm to get free next day delivery

.....christmacid house :emotawesomepm9:

I'm seriously thinking about getting the drums for christmas. Would be an amazing addition to my DJ setup... have one little drummachine running with other tracks and fooling around on it on the fly. It's shit that in Europe everywhere they just seem to come out in February

Fair play to Juno, mine just arrived there! SAW2 was playing, on cassette, in the background as I signed for it. A satisfyingly IDM momentTM, now I just need to resist the temptation to rip the fucker open and get stuck in before Christmas...

• 2 weeks later...

I finally have all three. Now I just need to find the time to play with them! All you single, spawnless, 20something year old producers with lots of free time - make music like your life depended on it. That shit is invaluable.

Having all three going is great fun. But there are a few things that are slightly annoying:

- You can't have all three synced by having one acting as a master clock. They will tempo sync to the 5v signal being given by the sync sender, but if you want, for example, the Bass to start on the first step of the Beats sequence, you need to do it manually by pressing play when the Beats starts its sequence. You would need a master midi clock sent to all three to have them all start at the beginning of their sequences.

- For some reason, whenever I have the hihats going on the beats, it randomizes the Keys' and Bass' sequences. If I have the hihat sequenced and muted, it won't effect the Keys and Bass, but just bringing up the volume and hearing the hihat randomizes the Keys and Bass. I looked on Korg's site and noticed they had a firmware update for the Beats which I hope will fix this.

I took advice from a user on gearslutz and fixed the sequences skipping issue by having stereo cables going to my mixer instead of mono cables. It's a strange fix, but I played for about an hour last night without any sync or sequence troubles.

If you're going to get one, which would it be? I was thinking keys, since my friend has the bass anyway and I'm not sure I really want a drum machine.

Drums are hella backordered anyways. Get the Keys. You can use it to make some phat bass sounds anyways and the osc can sound lush.

Totally gonna run the Keys through an MS-20 filter.

If you're going to get one, which would it be? I was thinking keys, since my friend has the bass anyway and I'm not sure I really want a drum machine.

The Keys is very nice, but I find the Bass has more versatility because of the three VCOs. You can have three different bass and/or lead lines playing at the same time and mute them individually. Even individually detune them in cents, semitones and two octaves. AND you can join VCO 1 and 2 to play the VCO 1 sequence or join all three playing the VCO 1 sequence for a great fat sound. Only thing is that they are all going through the same filter, ADSR, LFO, etc. The Keys IS polyphonic, but you don't have the same amount of control of your sequences compared to the Bass.

As far as architecture is concerned, Keys isn't any more polyphonic than Bass is. It is "paraphonic" - only one EG/LFO/VCF/VCA. It's got different routing options though.

Archived