IGNORED

Korg Volca series

As far as architecture is concerned, Keys isn't any more polyphonic than Bass is. It is "paraphonic" - only one EG/LFO/VCF/VCA. It's got different routing options though.

Well hold on. Can you actually play chords on the bass?

Because yes you are technically right that when you play a chord on the keys, all the notes share a VCA and VCF. But in the colloquial sense--in the important sense--polyphony is the ability to play multiple notes at once.

So, can you do that on bass?

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as architecture is concerned, Keys isn't any more polyphonic than Bass is. It is "paraphonic" - only one EG/LFO/VCF/VCA. It's got different routing options though.

Well hold on. Can you actually play chords on the bass?

Because yes you are technically right that when you play a chord on the keys, all the notes share a VCA and VCF. But in the colloquial sense--in the important sense--polyphony is the ability to play multiple notes at once.

So, can you do that on bass?

On the Bass itself, you can't physically play chords, no. As far as I know. But, like I said, you have three VCOs so you can program chords. Maybe it would be possible with a midi keyboard though?

You can program them, but not play them - at least not on the device itself. If you set VCO assign to the first mode (all separate), you can program sequences for all 3 VCOs separately.

anyone using hardware effects with their BEATS?

Oh man if I had the Beats I'd smash it through one of my hardware compressors.

Pshh thanks alot Yek now I have to buy one. Jerk.

Seriously though, does anyone want to post some Beats demos?

well limpy. what type of effect would be good to use, i'm thinking distortion but i don't know if i should buy a pedal or a multi effect

well limpy. what type of effect would be good to use, i'm thinking distortion but i don't know if i should buy a pedal or a multi effect

Drum machines through distortion pedals is always awesome in that Classics-era AFX sorta way.

I would get a compressor if I were you. The FMR RNC ("Really Nice Compressor") is really beautiful and insanely underpriced. It costs a little more than a new guitar pedal.

And you really can't go wrong with EHX pedals. The Small Stone or Small Clone would be awesome on a drum machine.

I have a DOD Corrosion pedal which is like the perfect acid distortion pedal. The shell is literally designed to corrode over time. They're pretty rare and sought after but they can be had on eBay for like a hundo.

Personally I would advise against a multi-FX pedal (or rack). Some of them are decent I'm sure but they're usually cheap and designed for convenience instead of quality.

Drum machines through distortion pedals is always awesome in that Classics-era AFX sorta way.

I would get a compressor if I were you. The FMR RNC ("Really Nice Compressor") is really beautiful and insanely underpriced. It costs a little more than a new guitar pedal.

And you really can't go wrong with EHX pedals. The Small Stone or Small Clone would be awesome on a drum machine.

I have a DOD Corrosion pedal which is like the perfect acid distortion pedal. The shell is literally designed to corrode over time. They're pretty rare and sought after but they can be had on eBay for like a hundo.

Personally I would advise against a multi-FX pedal (or rack). Some of them are decent I'm sure but they're usually cheap and designed for convenience instead of quality.

Just got my RNC and it is really really classy. Well worth the money. I run my beats through a 3632 though, I feel RNC sits better on a master bus.

This starts off with the RY30 doing the repetitive 4/4 beats, but the second syncopated drums are all Beats.

[sc5]130753403[/sc5]

has anyone noticed and made not of the big frequency spike at 20 kHz on at least the volca keys? I mean it's not audible, but I'm curious if could have any adverse affects on mixing and listening.

has anyone noticed and made not of the big frequency spike at 20 kHz on at least the volca keys? I mean it's not audible, but I'm curious if could have any adverse affects on mixing and listening.

I didn't! I'll check it out tonight to see if mine does the same. It's not really a problem unless you're pitching it down. Personally, I can't hear much above 17khz, but some people still can. Steeply shaving everything over 18k when mastering is the usual custom anyway.

[youtubehd]UwvjDvwg-y4[/youtubehd]

woa pretty cool. Do you have this pedal modey ? It sounds tasty and seems to be cheap

Yeah I've got one. It's one of my favourite pedals. It has a lot of modes, including a nice sounding spring emulation and a 'space' mode which adds higher octaves to the reverb. They also make one called 'echo machine' which is equally as awesome.

Yeah I've got one. It's one of my favourite pedals. It has a lot of modes, including a nice sounding spring emulation and a 'space' mode which adds higher octaves to the reverb. They also make one called 'echo machine' which is equally as awesome.

cool, thanks to give some info, this could definitely go on my to-acquire list

[youtubehd]UwvjDvwg-y4[/youtubehd]

woa pretty cool. Do you have this pedal modey ? It sounds tasty and seems to be cheap

behringers are considered really terrible. i'm not sure why. have a few delays and all work nice. i guess if it's not boss it's shit.

It's just because they're made of plastic. I agree that the build quality of the pedals isn't the best, but I've had mine for 5 years and none have failed. Then again, I also still have a few $10 pedals that I bought 8 years ago, so maybe I just take better care of them than others. I don't play live often enough to get into a situation where I might break a pedal onstage..

Behringer's rackmount gear is pretty nice too. I have a Virtualizer Pro (multifx) and it has an even better reverb, and also an excellent vocoder.

Archived