gantz is good shit tho

gotta love flutter reverb

also if y'all think this isn't a r8 propa wikkid choon then fuckitall

came out apr 3 2013 dubstep is not dead suckerz

deep vibrations youtube channel is just full of massively good trax

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'real' dubstep i quite liked before i went to fwd, but then i went & that changed, the atmosphere in that place was increadible & the soundsystem was marvelous, being in a dark small smoky room with something like these tracks playing was awesome:

I love this Skream track! So good.

already there is old school dubstep nights

https://www.facebook.com/events/166979106804864/?fref=ts

An Austin club had "don't bro me" DJ sets on Wednesday a couple years ago aimed at playing future bass/post-dubstep/whatever...

Watching dubstep become popular via brostep and contemporary EDM made me have a "mid-life crisis" in 2011, and hell, I'd only been listening to dubstep since 2007 or so.

I just see this as Skream's formal announcement of moving on. The term's dead - all the pioneers of the genre have moved on, as they should. It was just a shame that the collective public is so fucking loud and stupid and redefined dubstep to the extent that the actual history behind the word was seemingly erased. It makes the deaths of trends like Big Beat and Electroclash seem a lot more dignified and quiet in comparison. There's a R.E.M. lyric I always think of: "history is made to seem unfair."

I knew it was futile to try to re-assert what dubstep "really" sounds like when I realized most people would refer to this as the "dubstep" remix of La Roux...

and not this...

Very instructive side-by-side comparison. I'm pretty ignorant about most genres/scenes, including dubstep, so I was always kind of scratching my head when people would complain about how Americans ruined it. Although, honestly, whatever you want to call it, both sound cool to me.

perhaps i should read this thread but: i liked dubstep when it first came out, and there were great artists like skream but i dunno, it got boring to me,

one artist i really like is boxcutter but he's not totally dubstep. in fact , a lot of the planet mu stuff was good.

Dubstep was never technically alive nor dead, it consists of the bodies of two growth-restricted individuals sellotaped together at their heels, one of which has tested positive for minor brain activity in late 2009 and again in mid 2010, although that second event is subject to speculation.

Archived