IGNORED

Bleep - physical media arrived yet?

Guest Dogboy73

No vinyl yet. Because tomorrow is a national holiday and the postal service does not work on weekends it will be at least until monday that I can get it. Nice going.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

BoC Tshirt shrinkage worked a treat............ soaked size L in boiled water till cooled, tumbled-dried on max heat on its own - > size M.. I went and did this to 3 other T's I had.

Fucking thermodynamical

I want to do this; my Exai L shirt is way too big. I don't have a dryer though - anyone know if the same can be achieved with some aggressive hairdryer treatment?

I have one of the older M light blue BOC shirts, and it's fucking tiny, almost unwearable. But other medium AA shirts I own are slightly bigger... I don't get why there's such variation!

Guest Dogboy73

BoC Tshirt shrinkage worked a treat............ soaked size L in boiled water till cooled, tumbled-dried on max heat on its own - > size M.. I went and did this to 3 other T's I had.

Fucking thermodynamical

I want to do this; my Exai L shirt is way too big. I don't have a dryer though - anyone know if the same can be achieved with some aggressive hairdryer treatment?

I have one of the older M light blue BOC shirts, and it's fucking tiny, almost unwearable. But other medium AA shirts I own are slightly bigger... I don't get why there's such variation!

LOL at shrink-drying your BoC T with a fucking hair dryer! :-)

But I agree. T sizes are a ball ache! The current American Apparel shirts for me = Large, just a bit too large and too long. Medium, far too small everywhere but length okay. Funny thing T shirt sizes. They are ALWAYS different. You always have to try on. Usually I'm a medium, with large being too big. But quite often I'll try a medium and I look like I'm on my way to the gay pride festival! I mean you can see my nipples with the cotton stretched over everywhere! So you try a large and it's like a fucking tent! Put a belt around the waist you've got yourself a nice mini dress! It's ridiculous :-/

No vinyl yet. Because tomorrow is a national holiday and the postal service does not work on weekends it will be at least until monday that I can get it. Nice going.

I am in the same boat. Sent Bleep an email expressing my dismay about the whole situation. Shouldn't take this long to get here.

Bleep replied that I should allow 14 working days for it to arrive, so at the latest it should be here is the 28th. But considering people in the UK are still waiting for their copies, I suspect there's been a fuck up somewhere and they don't want to fess up.

Fucking thermodynamical

I knew it would work! lol

I think that BOC orchestrated all of these delays as a "post-apocalyptic immersion experience" to simulate what scarce resources will feel like.

flolol

Guest cult fiction

Going to be burnt out on the album by the time the vinyl arrives, better slow down.

Never again, Blerp...

Unless I'm overlooking something obvious, if the photos from the Bleep warehouse were anything to go by then this must've been one of their biggest pre-orders to date. I refuse to believe that Exai, Ufabulum or any of the Eno releases shipped out in such quantity at one time (drukqs, maybe? I doubt even that somehow). My feeling is that Bleep haven't to handle such demand before and got caught short.

I am in the same boat. Sent Bleep an email expressing my dismay about the whole situation. Shouldn't take this long to get here.

I got a notice in post today that the postman had tried to deliver a large parcel and I can pick it up tomorrow from the post office. I'm not expecting anything else so hopefully it's TH.

Unless I'm overlooking something obvious, if the photos from the Bleep warehouse were anything to go by then this must've been one of their biggest pre-orders to date. I refuse to believe that Exai, Ufabulum or any of the Eno releases shipped out in such quantity at one time (drukqs, maybe? I doubt even that somehow). My feeling is that Bleep haven't to handle such demand before and got caught short.

Bleep cannot use that excuse. They had pre-order figures for at least 4 weeks. They knew exactly how many pre-orders there were and should've made arrangements accordingly.

Generally labels will get the inventory for the physical media about a week or two before the release date. In this instance I would say that they had the physical media 2 weeks before release date, since the 3rd party retailers had stock in some cases more than 3 days before release date.

Bleep simply fucked up majorly somewhere. And it's nothing to do with underestimating demand, because they knew exactly how much demand there was, and they were clearly anticipating high demand because of the ridiculous hype they built up around the release.

Bleep dropped a bollock.

I got a notice in post today that the postman had tried to deliver a large parcel and I can pick it up tomorrow from the post office. I'm not expecting anything else so hopefully it's TH.

Didn't get it today, so hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

In this instance I would say that they had the physical media 2 weeks before release date, since the 3rd party retailers had stock in some cases more than 3 days before release date.

oh without a doubt. i read somewhere about Bleeps statement on an embargo in place with retailers as one reason they held back, plus of course

they didnt want anyone receiving theres just a little bit too early which would inevitably have lead to a leak. this leak thing, fuck the leak, if its ready to ship

to preorder customers, get it out, those who only had intentions to download it and not plan on buy it, weren't going to change their mind after release date. they'll learn from this, or maybe not.

Bleep cannot use that excuse. They had pre-order figures for at least 4 weeks. They knew exactly how many pre-orders there were and should've made arrangements accordingly.

Generally labels will get the inventory for the physical media about a week or two before the release date. In this instance I would say that they had the physical media 2 weeks before release date, since the 3rd party retailers had stock in some cases more than 3 days before release date.

Bleep simply fucked up majorly somewhere. And it's nothing to do with underestimating demand, because they knew exactly how much demand there was, and they were clearly anticipating high demand because of the ridiculous hype they built up around the release.

Bleep dropped a bollock.

I wasn't attempting to apologise for Bleep osc, in fact quite the opposite. They must've known how high demand would be before they even announced TH. I just don't think they could envisage even then how poorly equipped they were to meet it (judging by reports on here of unfulfilled orders).

Guest cult fiction

Vinyl arrived today, no stickers or anything special to make up for being weeks late, but at least it was packaged well so it's undamaged. Never again Blerp, never again!!!

Archived