IGNORED

36 - Shadow Play

brisk

Shadow Play

Digipak CD / Digital

August 2013

tYYu8Rb.jpg

PvCVXYA.jpg

""After finishing Lithea in January 2012, I had completely burnt myself out from making music, both physically and creatively. I took a year out and made no tunes at all during this time. Around January 2013, I bought some new gear, invested time in my studio, removed all distractions around me and started work on what would eventually be a new 36 album. I got myself into the mind frame I did when I quit my day job 5 years ago and started work on my début, Hypersona; no expectations, no pressure, no bullshit. Just making music for fun again. 6 months later, "Shadow Play" was finished. I think it includes some of the best pieces of music I have worked on and I'm excited that people can finally hear it" - 36"

STREAM | PURCHASE

Cheers!

This should be good, I've been listening to a ambient a lot lately. I think I'll wait for the inevitable vinyl re-release tho

You'll be waiting a while, as I'm pretty much done with vinyl now, sorry :)

Preordered yesterday. The story behind this one was pretty inspirational - I really want to get back to the joy I used to have when making tracks back in the day. It used to seem that the less effort it seemed to take me the better the end result was.

So are you still sans day job after these five years, it'd be an utter dream for me to focus on making music for a liviing but how is this financially doable

Preordered yesterday. The story behind this one was pretty inspirational - I really want to get back to the joy I used to have when making tracks back in the day. It used to seem that the less effort it seemed to take me the better the end result was.

So are you still sans day job after these five years, it'd be an utter dream for me to focus on making music for a liviing but how is this financially doable

I used to work in a graphic design studio, but left in late 2007 to work on Hypersona. I was lucky in that I was able to work freelance for some clients I poached from the last studio (they trusted and would only work with me, so when I left, they followed) and I continue to do design-related stuff as the "day job" albeit from the comfort of my house. It gives me plenty of time work on music when I need to, but like I said in the press-release text above, I just felt burnt out after Lithea, as that album took me ages to finish and get it how I wanted. This new one was far easier/smoother to produce.

Thanks for pre-ordering!

This should be good, I've been listening to a ambient a lot lately. I think I'll wait for the inevitable vinyl re-release tho

You'll be waiting a while, as I'm pretty much done with vinyl now, sorry :)

Hypersona took only 3 years, I'm a patient guy

Just kidding, I'll probably end up buying the CD anyways, having streamed the album today :music: (by the way, we need more headhpone wearing emotes showing different reactions, like a beard-stroking one and a dissapointed one)

Nah, it sold out (300 copies). The problem is that shipping costs for vinyl now (at least internationally) have increased to ridiculous levels. It now costs more to ship a record from the UK to the USA than it does to buy the actual record. It's not so bad for a single LP, but when you're talking 800+g 2xLP releases like Hollow, then it's about £14/$20 per-record, which is just too much for many people to buy.

It's the same in the US now too, with UPS increasing their postage prices to about the same levels. Sad times for vinyl, unfortunately.

Thanks! The physical edition is back from manufacturing and pre-order peeps should have their copy in the next few days.

Heres a few pics of it:

IWfywne.jpg

t5l3RRN.jpg

ZS5miGA.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived