AFX, fake or who?

Guest Rulohead32

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Third clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTTNuQh0ANA

So this guy must be British, who else would remember that Eagle Edwards ski jumper?

Eddie the Eagle is back!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-25217276

Britain's most famous ski jumper is to fly again, almost 18 years since his last effort, with hopes of jumping "better than ever before".

Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards, who lives in the Stroud Valleys, Gloucestershire, has been invited to take part in a New Year's Day ski jump event in Bavaria.

Rather than competing, the ex-Olympian will act as a "fore-jumper" to set the time and speed for the other entrants.

"I'm excited because I'm fitter now than I was 20 years ago," he said.

• 3 months later...

this is really sick. something about the vintage films they use for tracks such as these just adds a whole new element to the sound. i doubt its aphex twin because there are a few people out there on his analord level at this point.

yeah i really enjoy gargattarax's stuff.

i never really thought it was aphex. the whole phenomenon of how it seems like a lot of people are inspired by aphex... obviously many are, but i think it could also be interpretted as: he just got there first. it seems like sometimes good musicians are able to sense a huge range of possibilities for styles and whatnot and they just get there first, so subsequent musicians, even though they are doing their own thing, can't escape comparison. like the beatles.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived