IGNORED

Aphex twin - RDJ was his last real album

awepittance

I think Druqks should be considered a real album. In which case, it has only been five years since he released an album.

OH WAIT IT'S 2011 AND ITS BEEN TEN YEARS EVEN IF YOU COUNT DRUKQS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no doubt somebody's said this already ?, but, i thought 'Drukqs' was his last "real" album as Aphex Twin?

but i might be wrong! ..if i've been living in a parallel dimension for 10 years. which could actually explain a lot. . .

Guest Calx Sherbet

I think Druqks should be considered a real album. In which case, it has only been five years since he released an album.

OH WAIT IT'S 2011 AND ITS BEEN TEN YEARS EVEN IF YOU COUNT DRUKQS

lol

analord is the last one i count.

It could have been released as four albums, but it wasn't, it was released as 11 EPs. A ten-track compilation don't count as an album neither.

(I am grateful though. It's still new material, this is just a question of whether he's technically released an album.)

Guest Calx Sherbet

another drill assault seems so out of reach. and another SAW II seems like a joke. but my god if either of those came true, my brain would melt.

and i've never seen an RDJ release, i'd really like to.

he's his own man of course, but it would be brilliant if he returned to a lost style of electronic music. i mean, what is acid now? as great as it can be, it's like acid is on tap these days. but i wouldn't care how out of date something seems. more ravey xylem tube/digeridoo sounds would be incredible. or more music like AB3 and caustic window. hell, strip it down to SAW 85-92 value. he could still pull it off no doubt. just do something fucking weird.

Guest hahathhat

i dont listen to aphex twin much any more. certainly not as much as i did in 2006!

i want to elaborate -- i was not being flip. the thought hit me as i was cleaning my kitchen a couple days ago, independent of this thread. i like vibert. clark. ladytron. simian mobile disco. i have some great memories of listening to rdj album on headphones, standing up on a 3rd floor balcony watching a blizzard... but fuck me if i haven't listened to that bitch in a year or two. i still hanker for the analords here and there, i put on the drukqs drill when i want something LOUDFAST, but that's about all i mentally note in the last six months to a year.

i wonder a bit about jodey kendrick. but that's probably my imagination....

I think you should relisten to the RDJ album some time. It's not my favorite, and I recently abandoned it for about 6 months, but I came back to it last week, and it made me feel really nostalgic and happy. Honestly, I've gotten to the point where don't really like 4, but other than that, the melodies and beats get me every time.

Archived