IGNORED

Songs that sound like Squarepusher

Guest skibby

Ah yeah I see, it's like a mash-up of the both tracks really I think. There are clear elements of both.

So we're agreed then Tom Jenkinson is Steinvolt. Great glad we cleared that one up!

*rubs hands together vigorously, grins and skuttles off into the distance*

Maelstrom is basically a very avant-guarde My Red Hot car remix TBH

I always thought it sounding like a continuation of My Fucking Sound:

that's exactly what it is. Haven't you heard the two laid over each other? =)

People has confused for years unreleased material from the best producers in the genre claiming it was one or another, or even claiming it was fake, then it got released and most people were wrong on their assumptions, so i've stopped caring about all that. Steinvord EP.. still one of the best releases to fullfill my braindance needs in the past years. Enjoyed it even more than Ultravisitor (sorry, these drums didn't really work).

This track sounds nothing like Richard or Tom:

And I also enjoyed some of the JK stuff, and some on the EDM thing.. still not as technically impressive and missing that great cohesion in tracks tho.

• 3 weeks later...

People has confused for years unreleased material from the best producers in the genre claiming it was one or another, or even claiming it was fake, then it got released and most people were wrong on their assumptions, so i've stopped caring about all that. Steinvord EP.. still one of the best releases to fullfill my braindance needs in the past years. Enjoyed it even more than Ultravisitor (sorry, these drums didn't really work).

This track sounds nothing like Richard or Tom:

And I also enjoyed some of the JK stuff, and some on the EDM thing.. still not as technically impressive and missing that great cohesion in tracks tho.

The drum programming in cyg-x1 sounds exactly like squarepusher.

Because it is him.

Yes, yes it does. I've only been listening to his work for 15 years. There are fairly significant similarities in form to "Significant Others". Different palette, similar form.

Sorry this music isn't the cure or coldplay or nickelback or whatever you listen to. Leave this music to the people that enjoy it and go start another "IDM" bashing thread or something.+

Guest teetime

Enough with the steinvord rumors! At best (Maelstrom) its an hommage to go plastic era drill n bass , but it is most certainly not an alias of tom.

Enough with the steinvord rumors! At best (Maelstrom) its an hommage to go plastic era drill n bass , but it is most certainly not an alias of tom.

That song isn't an homage. It was clearly recorded at the same time as go plastic. Exact same palette and basically identical form. My Fucking Sound v2, if you will.

None of these are rumors any more than "rumors" that The Tuss is Afx.

Regardless, they're all good tracks.

Archived