IGNORED

Best Debut Songs

Zephyr_Nova

Give examples of debut tracks (first track of an artist's first release) that set the bar extraordinarily high.

I'll start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujIbpt-CCTY

--possibly my favorite King Crimson track.

You've set the bar very, very high there mate. So much so I think you may have killed your own thread lol.

Unfortunately for music his solo career didn't took off because of you know booze mmmkay but this was the begging of something special, the dark horse was rising!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhdgyJDBnfk

not sure if this really counts as a debut song so much as "got popular well before the album dropped so he put what's widely regarded as one of his best tracks first"

and seconding fluffy little clouds hardstyle. It's one of those openers that, first time I heard it, I immediately knew this album was gonna send me on a trip all by itself

Guest Wall Bird

lol

Saw the title of this thread and knew exactly what song to pick. Opened the thread in a new tab without looking at it and proceeded directly to Youtube to find a copy of '21st Century Schizoid Man' that I could post. Copied the url to the video and clicked on the tab I initially created only to find your entry staring me in the face.

Stunned silence. Well done.

You've set the bar very, very high there mate. So much so I think you may have killed your own thread lol.

lol

Saw the title of this thread and knew exactly what song to pick. Opened the thread in a new tab without looking at it and proceeded directly to Youtube to find a copy of '21st Century Schizoid Man' that I could post. Copied the url to the video and clicked on the tab I initially created only to find your entry staring me in the face.

Stunned silence. Well done.

Heheh, cheers to you both! :beer:

This thread started because my friend mentioned that album and my first response was "you really couldn't ask for a better debut song to head off your music career." The more I thought about it, the more I thought that may well be true. But there have been some strong contenders here. Jeff Buckly - Mojo Pin comes damn close.

Keep 'em coming.

Archived