IGNORED

"L 11"

Alcofribas

i've been going over to my friend's place lately, he lives on his own so it's cool because you can do whatever you want and your mom isn't gonna come and fucking rip your dick off and suck it till it cums every time you play second bad vilbel at +7 volume (fucking bitch). last time i was there i noticed he had autechre brothers the ep called "eleven." lush. at first i put the cd on the turntable and kicked back, sounded wicked. "how do they make it so fucked up?" i asked. my friend then noticed i had his needle scraping across the surface of the cd and told me to go home. i was basically pissed off and kept demanding "sean pls" "fuck you man, sean pls" and so on. in the end i had to go home. haven't spoke to that piece of shit since then (rob, if you're reading, I don't care if you "know" sean you can kiss my ass).

on my way home i stopped by bleep to pick up the 'chre's new one, "L." i waited at the counter for seven weeks after paying the clerk. still haven't received it. but occasionally they play it on a shitty iPad dock in the back room so I've become pretty familiar with the tracks. here's my take...

track 1 (whatever it's called). there are no beats on this whatsoever. ok, there are beats but not what you'd think. there's a kick and a snare and a hi hat. does that count as a beat? so all this is going and then there's a bass line, more in the lower register than anything. a melody comes in, it's kind of like a mid range synth with emotions in it. i'm crying. then a pad comes in, in stereo so both of your ear buds should be working good here. a chopped up vocal just says "fuck boc fucking oh wow man way to break 29 years silence with a boring ass record you recorded in a barn like a bunch of lazy fucking yuppies." it's either that or just like incoherent vox all chopped up, hard to tell.

another track. completely ambient. i fell asleep. i woke up and went to work. work is fucking stupid. way to waste my fucking life typing in a cash register like a fucking loser. oh yeah, i'm really going to be an artist in my spare time, totally, yeah. oh wait, actually i'm gonna be lazy as fuck and just drink and cry about how pathetic i am. maybe i should get facebook and look at all the people i knew from high school having babies and buying houses like assholes. they're not artists! i'm a fucking artist. one day sean will contact me and be like "dude, your work is excellent." my work. did you hear that? my fucking work is excellent, not like this opn faggot. so yeah, quite ambient this track.

three i guess. i'm not even going to bother flipping this record. all that's gonna happen is i'm gonna hear amazing music and then feel shitty about my music because i'm a lazy piece of shit.

track four. did you fucking hear me? I didn't even flip the fucking record. fucking asshole. don't even keep reading this shit since you're clearly an asshole. god, i'm so sick of sean. why won't he "pls" me back? i know if i just had rob's email he would reply and be willing to meet up and have a pint. i just would never do it. i'd be completely ashamed that I reached the age of 31 and have no lush albums to share with him. if i did i would totally meet him and get my stuff released on Skam. fucking mental. although, it'd be pretty hard to explain this to sean. well, whatever.

10/10

I like the way you think. Being 31 years old shouldn't fucking matter at all mate, you go and fucking open up that pirated software - hit those pads fucking make some twisted shit - be as lush as you fucking want - though being lush isn't everything - smoke a phat one - relax listen to what you made - fuck Sean his a dick. Go for that pint - come back to your studio - continue with that beat, fuck with the midi - stretch it and warp it as fuck. And yes! Just use a kick snare and hat man! I'm lazy as can be too! It's not us though you know!? It's this fucked up system that has inevitably made us who we are - go and have a cry - and punch through a window - it sounds like it might help - or not. Fuck Ae - fuck playing CDs on a phonograph, people just won't accept that - not just yet anyways.

Sent from my iHole using Tapashhh - now Free

I like the way you think. Being 31 years old shouldn't fucking matter at all mate, you go and fucking open up that pirated software - hit those pads fucking make some twisted shit - be as lush as you fucking want - though being lush isn't everything - smoke a phat one - relax listen to what you made - fuck Sean his a dick. Go for that pint - come back to your studio - continue with that beat, fuck with the midi - stretch it and warp it as fuck. And yes! Just use a kick snare and hat man! I'm lazy as can be too! It's not us though you know!? It's this fucked up system that has inevitably made us who we are - go and have a cry - and punch through a window - it sounds like it might help - or not. Fuck Ae - fuck playing CDs on a phonograph, people just won't accept that - not just yet anyways.

i don't even think you need to read the rules, this post is beautiful

i don't even think you need to read the rules, this post is beautiful

Finally someone who thoroughly studied the rules before entering the WATMMoid

edit: Let's call it the 'fribas effect

i've been going over to my friend's place lately, he lives on his own so it's cool because you can do whatever you want and your mom isn't gonna come and fucking rip your dick off and suck it till it cums every time you play sec...fucking blablablabla... I reached the age of 31 and have no lush albums to share with him. if i did i would totally meet him and get my stuff released on Skam. fucking mental. although, it'd be pretty hard to explain this to sean. well, whatever.

10/10

alco

just when i think you couldnt be any more full retard

you go and say something thats just to the MAX

...AND TOTALLY REQUEEF YOURSELF!

Most of it went right over my head, but

maybe i should get facebook and look at all the people i knew from high school having babies and buying houses like assholes. well, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sean Richard Rob

Jason?

fuck m8 get a name

this is so beautiful

Hi Sean Richard Rob

Jason?

fuck m8 get a name

I like you *grin*

trenchant, probative review Alco, as always. I couldn't help when a fully-formed, plosive "lol" escaped my tooth container at this point -

. a chopped up vocal just says "fuck boc fucking oh wow man way to break 29 years silence with a boring ass record you recorded in a barn like a bunch of lazy fucking yuppies." it's either that or just like incoherent vox all chopped up, hard to tell.
10/10

Archived