IGNORED

Kayne West Zane Lowe Interview

LimpyLoo

Personally I think he's the biggest talent to ever come out of hip hop, his albums are always very creative in my opinion and that makes up for some of his controversial actions, at the end of the day I think he's very self aware and calculated, he's entertaining many of us one way or another.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's something I found today, funny enough not long after I posted on this thread. Its about Kanye West new single, its worth a look as you have 2 people with similar attitudes as ours. I'm with (the rather entertaining) Trevor Jackson, perhaps you agree with Mr Chapman?. Worth a few minutes of your time.

Skip to 7.07

http://www.factmag.com/category/facttv/

the Yeezus album is full of humour

it's just an act and he's a pretty bad actor if you haven't noticed

i bet he laughs himself to tears at everyone falling for this shit

applaus :facepalm:

I don't think it's an act.

He's a decently intelligent dude who used to make pretty decent music who got way too much money, fame and credit for what his music really is. Now we are witnessing the monster that is Yeezus.

that's the act

are you being sarcastic? i honestly can't tell, because there are actually some people out there when confronted with one of their idols being a total piece of shit idiot will somehow do mental gymnastics and say 'oh they're just playin'

what's interesting is when people talk about him being good at 'hip hop' , which part exactly? For me when I think of someone being good at it, especially if they are an MC what's the quality of their raps? Do they have interesting lyrics that are executed with a good delivery and cadence? Besides literally maybe one song by Kanye, 'through the wire', i can't think of any song of his that has one memorable, has an interesting message, is original or remarkable verse that makes me think he is anything but extremely mediocre at rapping. his production is alright, better than most other top 40 musicians, but that's not him, that's other people doing work for him. So I'm still a little lost on what part of hip hop he's good at at this current juncture.

the Yeezus album is full of humour

it's just an act and he's a pretty bad actor if you haven't noticed

i bet he laughs himself to tears at everyone falling for this shit

applaus :facepalm:

I don't think it's an act.

He's a decently intelligent dude who used to make pretty decent music who got way too much money, fame and credit for what his music really is. Now we are witnessing the monster that is Yeezus.

that's the act

are you being sarcastic? i honestly can't tell, because there are actually some people out there when confronted with one of their idols being a total piece of shit idiot will somehow do mental gymnastics and say 'oh they're just playin'

i don't think anyone can take the lyrics on yeezus serious, why would this interview be??

who cares anyway, i'm with frank zappa here, Yeesus is an awesome record

releases the coolest 'idm' album of the year

1312044038265.gif

get's shit on at an 'idm' forum for his personallity

Here's something I found today, funny enough not long after I posted on this thread. Its about Kanye West new single, its worth a look as you have 2 people with similar attitudes as ours. I'm with (the rather entertaining) Trevor Jackson, perhaps you agree with Mr Chapman?. Worth a few minutes of your time.

Skip to 7.07

http://www.factmag.com/category/facttv/

+100 for the bald dude

I was really intrigued by Black Skinhead, but the lyrics didn't match the style of the track at all. I was really hoping for Kanye to make something disturbing and gritty, and all I got was more of "I make x amount of money" metaphors.

Alright. I've got to hear this fucking Yeezus record now. UGH... I'm sure it sucks monster dick, but I will keep an open mind. A lot of great artists are insane narcissists. Here goes nothing....

Alright. I've got to hear this fucking Yeezus record now. UGH... I'm sure it sucks monster dick, but I will keep an open mind. A lot of great artists are insane narcissists. Here goes nothing....

go for it man, raise your middle finger at this square world, give it a few decent listens and jump into the total awesome shitpile that is yeesus, i love it

edit: aw forget it!

what's interesting is when people talk about him being good at 'hip hop' , which part exactly? For me when I think of someone being good at it, especially if they are an MC what's the quality of their raps? Do they have interesting lyrics that are executed with a good delivery and cadence? Besides literally maybe one song by Kanye, 'through the wire', i can't think of any song of his that has one memorable, has an interesting message, is original or remarkable verse that makes me think he is anything but extremely mediocre at rapping. his production is alright, better than most other top 40 musicians, but that's not him, that's other people doing work for him. So I'm still a little lost on what part of hip hop he's good at at this current juncture.

His production was the breath of fresh air mainstream hip hop needed with the more organic and soul sample based sound. Kind of like a mainstream Madlib or J Dilla. It was catchy enough, and he was working with enough high profile artists like Jay-Z. Yeah, lyrically, he's talking to the dumbest guy in the room, but the smartest guy is probably getting a kick out of it too, because it appeals to the caveman in him. His albums now are more like big blockbusters and he's like Michael Bay. But at the same time I like it.

damn weird, i didn't realized he typed in all caps like that all the time. Kanye West reminds me a lot of a retarded grown man that would frequent the suburbs I grew up in. He used to ride a bike and wear a fireman helmet and scream very loudly as he ride by a fake fire-truck siren. The only time there was a real fire in the neighborhood, he was right there on the front lines, someone even gave him a mini electronic bullhorn to make his whole experience feel more authentic.

His production was the breath of fresh air mainstream hip hop needed with the more organic and soul sample based sound. Kind of like a mainstream Madlib or J Dilla. It was catchy enough, and he was working with enough high profile artists like Jay-Z. Yeah, lyrically, he's talking to the dumbest guy in the room, but the smartest guy is probably getting a kick out of it too, because it appeals to the caveman in him. His albums now are more like big blockbusters and he's like Michael Bay. But at the same time I like it.

when you say 'his production' do you mean kanye actually produced it himself?

I think it all boils down to the fact he has one of those faces you want to punch. Just look at it.

There are a few people who crop up in life who have these faces, and Kanye West posesses an almighty one.

Even those of you who are pacifist must at least nod in agreement that, if you had the chance, and could get away with it...You'd fucking punch that twat right in the fucking face. And forever be happy!!

C'mon lol, and just imagine the joy. Hahah, you know its true.

Kayne West is the anti-artist. It's all commerce. Even if his production was the most amazing shit ever he hasn't made his own beats in a long time.

And the hypocrisy, oh god don't get me started on the hypocrisy.

he produced 'my dark twisted fantasy' himself just check this awesome piece (FLOL :emotawesomepm9: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hsV5tofHoo&feature=player_detailpage

I always hated him too but this album (yeesus) is nothing he's donne before

for me it's kinda like frank zappa's "only in it for the money" and Aphextwin "drukqs" : commercial suicide for the sake of musick

the angry millionair livingin hell is an act, and if it's not then it's even way cooler and funnier!

ask yourself, if hitler made geogaddi, would you not listen to it???

*hands in watmm gun and badge*

Yes/wikipedia

"like a mainstream Madlib or J Dilla" is a lol

Explain yourself.

i personally can't stand his production. it's the cheesiest side of hip hop. comparing him to madlib or j dilla is just tone deaf idiocy.

I like all 3, and while Kanye's production is much less abstract, they sample a lot of the same genres and have a much looser feel than other mainstream hip hop producers. But feel free to scoff into the computer screen if you find it fulfilling.

Archived