LimpyLoo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Yeezus album is full of humour

it's just an act and he's a pretty bad actor if you haven't noticed

i bet he laughs himself to tears at everyone falling for this shit

applaus :facepalm:

huh? he must be a pretty amazing actor then to act like such a realistic immature narcissistic cunt who's really boring. someone give that man an oscar right now

I have a intensely neutral opinion of Kanye. I know people who hate him and others who are passionate apologists for him as well. There's a sense self-awareness Kanye has that I respect, but beyond that he's just another famous musician. I rather spend my time in a garden or crate-digging or watching a tv series I like than engage in any wasteful and futile debate or discussion about Kanye, his press, and those involved in either.

The end.

I have a intensely neutral opinion of Kanye. I know people who hate him and others who are passionate apologists for him as well. There's a sense self-awareness Kanye has that I respect, but beyond that he's just another famous musician. I rather spend my time in a garden or crate-digging or watching a tv series I like than engage in any wasteful and futile debate or discussion about Kanye, his press, and those involved in either.

The end.

Yeah I hear ya. But the reason I don't mind conversations like this--nor think they're a waste of time--is that when you talk about a thing you're not just talking about that thing, you're also talking about everything in the universe that is like it. So talking about Kayne West is also talking about what it means to be a human being on this planet and to make decisions and to have a self-image and a million other things. I try to see everything (well, most things) as being universal and metaphorical and all that.

So I don't just see it as talking about Kayne West (which I agree would be a terrible waste of time).

I won't excuse his actions here, but at least he does his job and does it well while (get this) appreciating his fans! Be an asshole to whoever you want, just not your fans. You know, it's a 2 way street. At least some large enough group of people appreciate what you do and that led to your status, success, and position in life. Interesting how such a simple concept seems to escape more "Intelligent" musicians. We all know who.

The end.

Yeah I hear ya. But the reason I don't mind conversations like this--nor think they're a waste of time--is that when you talk about a thing you're not just talking about that thing, you're also talking about everything in the universe that is like it. So talking about Kayne West is also talking about what it means to be a human being on this planet and to make decisions and to have a self-image and a million other things. I try to see everything (well, most things) as being universal and metaphorical and all that.

So I don't just see it as talking about Kayne West (which I agree would be a terrible waste of time).

I gotcha, I actually found Miley Cyrus' interview in RS to be a lot more interesting than I expected, to give an example. I suppose I'm just burned out from it.

I gotcha, I actually found Miley Cyrus' interview in RS to be a lot more interesting than I expected, to give an example. I suppose I'm just burned out from it.

Dang, now you made me go read it. Wasn't so bad, she's a smart girl with little talent trying to stay relevant.

Imo, we're looking at the product of modern fame. He's literally on top of the world on one hand, but on the other he practically lost every right to privacy. ( pa pa pa paparazzi) the only way to escape that madness, i imagine, is either using some form of drugs, or hide away in some tightly closed bubble.

I can imagine this bubble creating some self-absorbedness. At least, it doesn't help putting things in a broader perspective.

Or it's just him overreacting to his newfound fatherhood. His new most important thing in the world is not himself, his mother, wife, or whatever. It is, or should be his daughter. Has he come to terms with that?...

Haven't seen the entire interview, btw. Way to cringeworthy for my own self absorbed personality.

I might watch these later. On a scale 1 to 10, my knowledge of KW sits at about four, i'm not trying hard to be cool or different but I just seem to naturally avoid him, I read snippents of the things he gets up too or says and i'm just not bothered with it. He seems like a fucking moron, maybe he isn't? Maybe I don't care. I keep meaning to listen to Yeezus, maybe next year, sometime...

I think if he shut his mouth a little I'd probably listen more.

Okay just watched the first clip, I'll watch some of the second but I think I'll stop soon.

My conclusion is I have zero interest in anything he says, nothing he says makes much sense to me lol, in fact most of the time he's ranting I'm sitting here bored. I presume I am missing something.....

He seems like a very, very extremely spolit child. I presume the music is more interesting.

the Yeezus album is full of humour

it's just an act and he's a pretty bad actor if you haven't noticed

i bet he laughs himself to tears at everyone falling for this shit

applaus :facepalm:

I don't think it's an act.

He's a decently intelligent dude who used to make pretty decent music who got way too much money, fame and credit for what his music really is. Now we are witnessing the monster that is Yeezus.

that's the act

O dear, Slate brings a CONTROVERSIAL point of view on the whole issue: West is right, and Kimmel ignorant.

Kimmel begins by relating how “he [Kanye] said he’s the No. 1 rock star on the planet, whatever planet he’s on.” He’s referring to this passage from the interview:

Rap is the new rock and roll. … We the rock stars, and I’m the biggest of all of them.

If Kimmel finds this funny, it’s only out of ignorance. Rap is the new rock and roll—or rather, it’s considerably bigger and more influential now than rock is. And so rappersare the new rock stars—as host and influential music figure Zane Lowe correctly acknowledges in the interview, “it’s been like that for a minute” (or, to be more precise, at least since the early 2000s). And Kanye is, by general consensus, the biggest of all of them; even Drake, who’s likely to score the No. 1 album in the country this week, just said so only a few nights ago. In other words, the planet Kanye’s on when he says that is Earth. The real question is what planet Kimmel is on.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2013/09/26/kanye_west_beef_with_jimmy_kimmel_on_twitter_kanye_is_right_about_kimmel.html

LOL...how on this bloody earth...

anyone mind filling me in on who this Zane Lowe guy is? Ive never seen an interviewer suck up more than this guy, so much that my first impression of this was that it was a tv puff piece/advertisement, like the ones you usually see on at 3am.

anyone mind filling me in on who this Zane Lowe guy is? Ive never seen an interviewer suck up more than this guy, so much that my first impression of this was that it was a tv puff piece/advertisement, like the ones you usually see on at 3am.

sure thing, here you go

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/73395-zane-lowe/?hl=zane+lowe

Archived