IGNORED

Would you leave your country and why?

pierlu

So you don't think people being satisfied, and sometimes even happy, about sucking at things is great? That wouldn't affect you at all?

Edit: Also I'm not depressed. As far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Friendly Foil

I honestly think you would have to understand the whole "jantelov" mentality in order to properly understand it, goDel.

But we probably shouldn't complain too much, because in the end we have a pretty good system. But if you go to, let's say Italy, I actually have a feeling they are a whole lot happier with their lives. They smile a lot more, and isn't that a pretty good indicator on how happy you are?

And even (like I mentioned before) people in Britain seems a whole lot friendlier and less distant and cold. I was really suprised at how talkative and nice people seemed to be, the two times I've been in London.

So you don't think people being satisfied, and sometimes even happy, about sucking at things is great? That wouldn't affect you at all?

Edit: Also I'm not depressed. As far as I'm concerned.

Nope.

Satisfied people are happy. And the point should be that people are happy, right? I'm not the one to judge them on why they are being happy/satisfied. Even though I might have some completely opposite opinion.

I would have thought this would be an obvious friendly foiled opinion. I mean, it's the ultimate satisfied face, as far as i'm concerned. :D

edit: really satisfied. not just some dishonest kind of satisfied

Edited by goDel

At least the people in Manchester goes "thanks" or "cheers" when you hold the door for them, instead of looking at you like you're some kind psycho. But whatever. Could be worse. Everything is sweet. I'm rich.

I remember a Louis CK joke where he said that people NYC, contrary to popular belief, will hold the door for you or say thanks if you held it for them, the reason they'll get pissed is that you aren't quick and snappy about it. So it's more like "Hurry the fuck up I'm holding the door for you asshole."

On the contrary, there are rural and remote parts of the U.S. where everyone really is really nice and really slow about everything. Like, I swear to god, every old Texan I've met literally says "Well, I tell ya," and like adjust their hat or pull their pants up, or drink a beer or whatever, then proceed to spend 5 minutes talking about something a normal person would conclude in 30 seconds or less.

At least the people in Manchester goes "thanks" or "cheers" when you hold the door for them, instead of looking at you like you're some kind psycho. But whatever. Could be worse. Everything is sweet. I'm rich.

I remember a Louis CK joke where he said that people NYC, contrary to popular belief, will hold the door for you or say thanks if you held it for them, the reason they'll get pissed is that you aren't quick and snappy about it. So it's more like "Hurry the fuck up I'm holding the door for you asshole."

On the contrary, there are rural and remote parts of the U.S. where everyone really is really nice and really slow about everything. Like, I swear to god, every old Texan I've met literally says "Well, I tell ya," and like adjust their hat or pull their pants up, or drink a beer or whatever, then proceed to spend 5 minutes talking about something a normal person would conclude in 30 seconds or less.

South Carolina was worse than Texas with that for me. I kept putting on my headphones to enjoy the music by the lake and this old couple proceeded to rape my ears with some 'long story short' style assault. Everywhere I went I felt like people wanted to talk to me... and as assuring and esteem boosting as it is to have people say hi and other niceties, it's reeeaaallly annoying to hear about peoples day that you don't even know in real life... let alone whatever anecdote they with to share.

As a Pacific Northwestern-er, you don't even make eye contact out here without looking like a rapist or a psycho, its really quite odd. Makes initiating a conversation with a lady pretty hard.

Edited by Audioblysk

South Carolina was worse than Texas with that for me. I kept putting on my headphones to enjoy the music by the lake and this old couple proceeded to rape my ears with some 'long story short' style assault.

Oh I bet, I can imagine it's a lot worse in the deep south and appalacia - Texas has had a lot more urbanization and population growth that's probably worn down that trend...at least beyond the really small towns.

I get a similar vibe here. I moved out of the city three months ago and the rural vibe is much looser. Not sure whether I can draw the conclusion that there's an inverse relationship between friendliness and population density. I generally got a warm welcome my first month in northern Japan thanks to my effort to adapt culturally and verbally tho.

Edited by ambermonk

I felt more at home in England and Amsterdam than I've ever felt here. So, yes.

"Location: Uranus"

Well, obviously. Please take your spaceship back home, son.

Also, lol at those meeting random people stories.

If random people start talking to me, it's often about directions. Like i have huge sign on top of me saying "this guy has knowledge". And when traveling through Schiphol Airport, i tend to get asked by foreigners a lot. Not sure why, but even on crowded platforms I notice that when they start asking people for directions, they turn to me...!? This sounds completely self absorbed, obviously. And it probably is. But I had too many instances where I was wondering why they were asking me and not someone else. Especially those moments where I can be completely in my thoughts while in some crowded area. Which I'm pretty good at - being in my own thoughts - because it can piss girls off pretty easily, I have noticed. ;D

As a Pacific Northwestern-er, you don't even make eye contact out here without looking like a rapist or a psycho, its really quite odd. Makes initiating a conversation with a lady pretty hard.

People in my city are extremely unfriendly compared to what I've found living in the US, particularly DC. Direct eye contact is to be avoided here; I try to make the effort to say hello and people get choked up and don't know how to respond. I think it's due to people being buried in their phones 24/7, everyone's so antisocial.

Guest RadarJammer

does anyone else experience imigrants from india bein the coldest god damn people in the fucking world? i could probably spend all day asking indian people for the time and not get a polite response once. i haven't had these kind of experience with any other race

Guest RadarJammer

People in my city are extremely unfriendly compared to what I've found living in the US, particularly DC. Direct eye contact is to be avoided here; I try to make the effort to say hello and people get choked up and don't know how to respond. I think it's due to people being buried in their phones 24/7, everyone's so antisocial.

also as a Pacific Northwestern-er i find that instead of direct eye contact, about 1 out of every 3 or 4 guys i pass on the sidewalk seem to give me a subtle nod. its all these subtle nods happening its like i'm constantly being mistaken for a freemason or a cult member

I left Peru when I was 10 due the the fact that my mum was a single mother with 3 children and uneducated so had to get help from her brother to immigrate in Australia. I'm 28 now - and my girlfriend keeps calling me "black" and "go back to your country" when we fight - I just laugh because she's not an aboriginal to Australia - she should shut up, though she was born here - oh oh I've gone cross-eyed.

Sent from my iHole using Tapashhh - now Free

Guest RadarJammer

I left Peru when I was 10 due the the fact that my mum was a single mother with 3 children and uneducated so had to get help from her brother to immigrate in Australia. I'm 28 now - and my girlfriend keeps calling me "black" and "go back to your country" when we fight - I just laugh because she's not an aboriginal to Australia - she should shut up, though she was born here - oh oh I've gone cross-eyed.

you should put spiders in her food

you should put spiders in her food
I wouldn't want to inconvenience such beautiful creatures on that bitch - I like how you think though.

also as a Pacific Northwestern-er i find that instead of direct eye contact, about 1 out of every 3 or 4 guys i pass on the sidewalk seem to give me a subtle nod. its all these subtle nods happening its like i'm constantly being mistaken for a freemason or a cult member

lol

i'm one of those nodding guys

Guest RadarJammer

lol

i'm one of those nodding guys

i think in a way the nod is supposed to mean "look guy, you don't push me into traffic and i won't push you into traffic"

I do love Canada. There are so many beautiful places between all the cities and the landscape is so varied from province to province. I've been to Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia as well and they were all great too. I think I could probably live in those countries too but only knowing I could return to Canada at my hearts content. I think it's healthy to get out and live in many places and experience the world.

Guest Shadow GriZZly

I like it here, people are not so conservative and narrow-minded, although this is a case in, generally, every EU country. In comparison of course. And I don't need to talk about political situation and other shit, it's all known already.