IGNORED

browsers

luke viia

the other night i decided to check out what browsers are available to the common windows using man like myself, and i ended up checking out torch (digging it so far)

so now i'm curious:

what browser do you use? chrome? firefox? safari? avant? tor browser? IE? :wtf:

Internet Explorer is the best browser since it came into existence, and it's still at the top of the browser game. Hold on-- I gotta punch myself in the dick and wipe shit on my face.

Internet Explorer is the best browser since it came into existence, and it's still at the top of the browser game. Hold on-- I gotta punch myself in the dick and wipe shit on my face.

Has anyone tried out the latest versions of IE ? I stopped at around v5 when I found Pheonix (which then became Firebird which then became Firefox) but I always wonder if they've actually worked hard on improving it over the years given it has such infamy

Safari.

I have Chrome installed, and been trying to use it as main browser several times... but while it's awesome in theory, something about the UI feels kinda crappy. It doesn't support some keyboard shortcuts that I use all the time...

and scrolling is sluggish compared to Safari. Safari is the browser that feels the most like a blank sheet for websites for me, on OSX.

Chrome doesn't really get out of the way.... it needs to do that more.

Chrome's a bit of a CPU hog because of all the stuff it caches. I do like the way it works and looks but I feel like I'm being spied on now when I use it. I downloaded Tor but haven't used it yet - the idea of anonymous browsing appeals to me though.

Has anyone tried out the latest versions of IE ? I stopped at around v5 when I found Pheonix (which then became Firebird which then became Firefox) but I always wonder if they've actually worked hard on improving it over the years given it has such infamy

IE is still shit, but I have it around for code testing purposes. It does feel "more shiny" and "slick", though, which means nothing, because they are still retarded and trying to implement their own whatever. Doesn't fucking make any sense nowadays.

I use Chrome, due to tons of frequent updates and nice plugins, plus snazzy, plus included flash, etc. Safari feels quite heavy on Windows 7, but it does look the best. Too bad Windows Safari stopped being updated.

Text rendering just isn't the same on Windows.....

Every now and then I'll see waddup with Opera- Opera also feels good and has a good download manager with resumable downloads, so that's good. Good. Opera is good.

Buuu uuUuuuUuut Chrome, until there are some must-change reasons..... *READS THIS THREAD WITH POPCORN>>>*

daily use: chrome and years before that chrome's ubuntu equivalent

I sill keep mozilla for using downloaditall and some other video ripping program when I need it

Opera for years and years. Fun has come to an end though, new Opera builds are based on Chromium and they suck bad, I`m pissed off, everything goes to shit, new utorrent has adds in it, new Renoise`s gui is a mess, Skype is bloated, Adobe flash installs McAfee virus scanner, I`ll go back 2012 and stay there. :(

Guest disparaissant

safari on os x is great, i use that on my macbook.

i use chrome on my imac because it's old and doesn't support anything past snow leopard (and therefore is stuck on an older version of safari). chrome was the shit when it was new, but i get less and less impressed with every new iteration, i think.

midori on my RPi and luakit on my Powerbook G4.

webkit >>>>> chromium (or blink or whatever the rendering engine chrome uses is) is i guess what i'm saying here.

@zemudene - http://www.oldapps.com/utorrent.php?old_utorrent=38 never upgrade past that.

or, switch to transmission. though i'm not sure how great it is on windows.

Yeah, thanks dude! It`s such a pain in the ass that at one point all software goes shit, is it because all essential features are fine-tuned but developers still have to release updates to keep people talking or something? Probably their stock is falling without new version coming out every 3 months. Probably that`s what happened to Winamp, wasn`t really anything to add.

Unfortunately, perfection is an app killer. Refinement is an app life-prolonger. Fucking people and their shitty beliefs, always wanting to be on the bleeding edge of broken, for no reason other than the thinking that updates are positive and can help with something other than nothing. Yah, like some bitch face needs 5 GHz processor and 15 GB RAM to tweet their stupid life full of non-creation and boring drivel.

Fucking shit.

nothing wrong with updates & refinements, unfortunately a lot of software seems to degrade over time by accretion of features...

kinda funny, it's like some form of oxidation process lol... software turns to shit because project managers.

it's easier to add another fucking bullet point instead of just polishing it.

Archived