IGNORED

Analog Bubblebath 5, Caustic Window LP, and Melodies from Mars for sale on Discogs

coconuthead

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting - supposedly the only people who have the Caustic Window LP are Mike P, Grant, Cylob, and Richard himself (unless more were given out). I also always thought only 4 test pressings were a bit odd; isn't there a minimum run for a test pressing? At least 10-20 or more?

The Melodies from Mars LP (vinyl) is news to me; I was told it was only on DAT/cassette and while it was considered a follow-up to ICBYD at one point (which later some of the tracks became the Girl/Boy EP and RDJ Album), it never went further than a demo tape passed around WARP/Rephlex bods.

Will be interesting to see if the seller is convinced not to sell these - looks like the world may finally hear the unreleased Caustic Window LP at long last!

I thought MFM was an ongoing thing from way back. Wasn't it name checked on an early mu-ziq album? My understanding was that the leaked tape was only one iteration of the informal series and happened to have so pre RDJLP tracks on it. I could be wring, though

I thought MFM was an ongoing thing from way back. Wasn't it name checked on an early mu-ziq album? My understanding was that the leaked tape was only one iteration of the informal series and happened to have so pre RDJLP tracks on it. I could be wring, though

If you're right, that suggests that this LP may contain a few different tracks than the ones on the popular tape rip. Come to think of it, one thing about that rip that always seemed strange to me is the sound quality. It sounds far too clear to have been from a cassette, even with noise removal. Was the source ever truly confirmed? If it really was a cassette, whoever did the cleanup must have been some kind of noise removal god.

If you're right, that suggests that this LP may contain a few different tracks than the ones on the popular tape rip. Come to think of it, one thing about that rip that always seemed strange to me is the sound quality. It sounds far too clear to have been from a cassette, even with noise removal. Was the source ever truly confirmed? If it really was a cassette, whoever did the cleanup must have been some kind of noise removal god.

Man, I wish I could spell. Wring? So?

Anywho, yeah, I always thought the MFM leak was awfully clear. I think mike p thanked Melodies in Mars on Bluff Limbo, iirc, but I could be very, very wrong about that. Never had the album.

I paid for the Caustic Window rip, and I would definitely do the same for MFM and AB5.

I'd be more likely to do it for MFM and ABV, frankly. Not a huge fan of his Caustic Window stuff

I'd be more likely to do it for MFM and ABV, frankly. Not a huge fan of his Caustic Window stuff

But AB5 is already available in its entirety in high quality FLAC format and MFM is available in at least almost if not its 100% entirety in good quality as well. The Caustic Window LP is almost entirely unreleased.

But AB5 is already available in its entirety in high quality FLAC format and MFM is available in at least almost if not its 100% entirety in good quality as well. The Caustic Window LP is almost entirely unreleased.

That's fair, but I'm really not a fan of the 'ardcore distorted banging of his Caustic Window output. If CW LP is more of the same, then I'd rather him see some of my 'ard earned cash for something I like, particularly MFM in a HQ rip

i just hope the live tracks hes been playing are included in this caustic release. I dont see the point of them being on a proper album release. since they've been heard and played through shitty youtube clips for years now. might as well add them to the release as an extra. (hoping)

i wanna hear some of the tracks he has sitting on the shelf from the windowlicker/drukqs era. in my opinion, thats him at his strongest with the inclusion of some choice analord tunes like Fenix Funk 5.

i wanna hear some of the tracks he has sitting on the shelf from the windowlicker/drukqs era. in my opinion, thats him at his strongest with the inclusion of some choice analord tunes like Fenix Funk 5.

Yeah, I would be curious too about his unreleased stuff around that era (more towards Windowlicker, personally).

Yeah, I would be curious too about his unreleased stuff around that era (more towards Windowlicker, personally).

Honestly id be happy with just unfinished windowlicker material. the production level on that album was something special and had a very unique sound in my opinion. Such a shame we only got two songs with that feel!

I agree, the production quality on Windowlicker was just out of this world. I mean, most Aphex songs from Come to Daddy to today have an amazing production, but Windowlicker, wow.

didn't mr twin say he had redone MFM?

so if that got released then hopefully some new tunes off of that

http://www.factmag.com/2010/10/28/aphex-twin-ive-got-six-albums-completed/

So right and I would gladly pay for that!

Interesting you bring up Melodies From Mars...

Yes. In April. He brought it up in April. And yet you comment now. EEEEEEEenteresting, indeeeeeed

Archived