IGNORED

Mogwai - Come on Die Young (Reissue)

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Easily my favourite Mogwai LP is getting a deluxe reissue.

In celebration of their 1999 album Come On Die Young (affectionally known by fans as CODY), the band have rustled together a pretty deluxe reissue, bundling together a mammoth 17 additional tracks (providing you shell out for the 4LP version).

Most excitingly the band have rediscovered two unreleased cuts – ‘Satchel Panzer’ and ‘Spoon Test’ – but there’s plenty more on top of those. The awesome (and rare as hen’s teeth) Travels in Constants EP is featured in full, alongside live snippets, rarities ‘Nick Drake’, ‘Hugh Dallas’, the original version of ‘Helps Both Ways’ (which included a later-nixed sample of American football commentator John Madden) and previously unreleased demo material.

Also, there are seven remixed and remastered tracks from the original CODY sessions, material recorded long before the band settled on the final album. You can hear a CAVA version of ‘Ex-Cowboy’ below, and it’s surprisingly different and certainly worth hearing for dedicated Mogwai fans desperate to hear more material from the era.

Tracklist (double CD):

CD1:

01 Punk Rock:
02 Cody
03 Helps Both Ways
04 Year 2000 Non-Compliant Cardia
05 Kappa
06 Waltz For Aidan
07 May Nothing But Happiness Come
08 Through Your Door
09 Oh! How The Dogs Stack Up
10 Ex Cowboy
11 Chocky
12 Christmas Steps
13 Punk Rock/Puff Daddy/Antichrist

CD2:

01 Nick Drake
02 Waltz For Aidan (Chem19 Demo)
03 Rollerball (Chem19 Demo)
04 Cody (Cava Sessions)
05 Ex Cowboy (Cava Sessions)
06 Spoon Test (Cava Sessions)
07 Punk Rock: (Cava Sessions)
08 Helicon 2 (Cava Church Live)
09 Satchel Panzer (Cava Sessions)
10 Kappa (Cava Church Live)
11 Untitled (Travels In Constants EP)
12 Quiet Stereo Dee (Travels In Constants EP)
13 Arundel (Travels In Constants EP)
14 Helps Both Ways (Original Version)
15 Hugh Dallas

sauce: http://www.factmag.com/2014/04/10/mogwai-reveal-further-details-of-deluxe-come-on-die-young-box-set/

Guest Ron Manager

Yeah, mentioned this in the Les Revenants thread. Can't wait.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

now available to pre-order if you're so inclined: http://shop.chemikal.co.uk/acatalog/CHEM133.html

I'm quite disappointed that there's no regular LP - £55 is a lot, and I'd rather just have the album itself on LP and the extras on digital or something. The original can be had for about £40 on Discogs at the moment.

Have the band and label just decided that a regular vinyl run isn't profitable? I guess a lot of vinyl buyers will want the deluxe, but surely they could still turn a profit with a small-ish (2k-3k?) non-deluxe LP pressing for the less affluent vinyl-buying community...

Archived