IGNORED

Amazon's June 18th Product Unveiling

fumi

Can't see that being much competition with existing phones/tablets/[refuse to say phablets]. I expect the 3D will just be that layers thing that you had on the latest iOS that most people switched off

Things like this will effectively destroy resale markets and may turn a number of non-collectors into instant collectors (super consumers).

Just think, you can look up the "market value" of anything instantly via photo ID-ing.

This is a bit uncomfortable as I've seen the results of the iPhone in places like thrift stores, where not only are there more resellers looking stuff up, but now thrift stores are inflating prices based on Internet prices.

It's a bit of a frustrating endless cycle, and this will make inflation occur faster IMO.

Since this runs Android, buyers will probably root it and put "real" Android on it.

i honestly see this (maybe) being bought by people who already have amazon products like prime, kindle and fire tv- mostly remaining loyal to amazon due to satisfaction with the hardware and build, but i can't see why anyone would change from whatever they currently have to making this their main phone considering the stats aren't anything special.

what this phone purports to do seems like something that can easily be done with apps (the whole take a picture and it will google it for you etc)

• 1 month later...

No Google Maps and Youtube ?! Well done them !

the phone is really made to make it easy for you to make more orders @ amazon and clearly, those 2 apps don't do that :cerious:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well they didn't ship many and probably have heaps to get rid of, plus it's 99 cents on a plan, so they might make something back on that. Not to mention, you still are then interfacing with the phone, getting used to their ecosystem. Do you think they will make another phone though, heh.

i don't know if they'd make much back considering this phone is exclusive only to at&t customers and runs on android with none of the advantages of running on android.

as to whether they'll make another phone? i think they should improve the dynamic perspective technology

actually, i didn't read your comment as snippy. you made a perfectly valid point.

btw: i read somewhere that people that purchased this phone on the original retail price get amazon prime for as long as they have the phone lol

Archived