IGNORED

What Are We Familiar With? I Mean Really, Do We Know Anything? Do We Really Know Anything?!

Redruth

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

harmlessness and to avoid causing pain, sorrow and suffering to any living thing at all costs; if in any way possible. to set this as ones primary goal in life, this advanced expression of love - not the survival of the fittest, but the willingness to help and support the weakest to heal and become strong once again. this is the meaning of life and life's work. to not look at the world for an example, but to attempt to be better then all worldly examples in our ability to love.

also, accountability. humans obviously have trouble with accountability. we must allow ourselves to be held accountable for our wrong actions and to forgive and ask for forgiveness from others.

The Path.

harmlessness and to avoid causing pain, sorrow and suffering to any living thing at all costs; if in any way possible. to set this as ones primary goal in life, this advanced expression of love - not the survival of the fittest, but the willingness to help and support the weakest to heal and become strong once again. this is the meaning of life and life's work. to not look at the world for an example, but to attempt to be better then all worldly examples in our ability to love.

also, accountability. humans obviously have trouble with accountability. we must allow ourselves to be held accountable for our wrong actions and to forgive and ask for forgiveness from others.

The Path.

Oh troony, this is why I lurff yu

:)

<3

i remember when i was younger, i used to be so heavy with the kind of things troon still talks about. it's weird but the older i get, the more surprised i get about how recent those times were, like every step i take in life was just a haze where i could convince myself for that period that i was looking for something meaningful.

the best thing i can take from my experiences is that right now i'm comfortable with my life. and that's basically just getting on with people more, being more well-balanced and positive in general.

troon/redruth seriously, look up Solipsism if you're serious about the philosophy behind what (i gather) you described in the OP. but keep in mind most regular people just aren't readily available to talk about these wind-open, mind's eye temporary epiphany-type feelings. for some, there's a huge inner drive to figure these things out, but that shouldn't be confused with regular everyday social chat where people discuss for the sake of discussion.

It's true that every individual life is a bubble waiting to burst, and that the world spins on these illusions. People take these things to hold substance and are consequently strolling in hell realms like they were pleasure gardens.

But this is the nature of ignorance, and just as we must be forgiving of our own ignorance, we must not hate the ignorant for the behavior that is in their nature, just as we do not hate fire for its nature of burning. In fact, it is the duty of any virtuous man or woman to accept all that, and recognize that within this chaos of vanishing dew drops, there is a principle of unity that is continually manifest, in every single one of us.

How can we do this unless we learn to look past our individual shortcomings and frustrations? Security is an illusion, and what difference do petty satisfactions make in the long run? A single clear-eyed look at the vanishing nature of life is enough to extinguish desires of the human drama for a lifetime. Waste no time in arguments and discriminatory thinking. Follow your heart, hold fast your crescent soul and do not let it go for a moment. Leave history alone and simply walk freely, innocent.

Dear troon, did you recently rewatch the matrix?

Because your thread is like this.

spoon-boy.jpg

Archived