IGNORED

What Are We Familiar With? I Mean Really, Do We Know Anything? Do We Really Know Anything?!

Redruth

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At last everything is an illusion. There isn't really nothing but atoms (or smaller) stuff. In fact, this forums is an illusion; everything is actually binary code. You are an illusion, you are atoms. Our brain is amazing, it can decypher the world around us and give it a definition based on experiences. That's how I decided to give a fuck about everything. I'll die so fuck it, I really don't care if there's a God or whatever, I just want to "be" happy (because it seems being "happy" is the only good feeling in this existence) and help others to be happy. The explanation of everything is impossible for us to understand. We will never figure out why the fuck everything is what it is. NEVER. So the only thing left is to live your life without stress.

Classic troon

this is the problem right here. the only things humans learn is to assign meaning to objects, situations, feelings. what would even be the significance (sign systems) of this being a classic troon post? what is gained? what is lost? I, of course, thought the same thing, but...

...are we really just going to let troon's question be assigned to troon as troon, as the local color of the forum, mutual reassurance that troon is that person, as we all have observed in the past, and now observe again, that acts in a way that is similar to the way troon acts. troon is acting like troon again, and now I can go to sleep.

do we need characters who are faithful to themselves, or to a certain archetype of which they are the current flame-bearer? is continuously observing the existence and persistence of archetypes necessary for our rationed content? though we have no way of knowing how archetypes were implanted in our collective mind (true memetics, not the verbicide victim "meme" which is not what you think it is) they are perhaps the most powerful aspect of human communication, reminding us of things we didn't know we knew.

have i posted in this manner frequently enough that someone would classify this as a classic sheathe post? how would i feel if that were true? how would you feel if that were true? the honor of giving respect? the warmness of noting peculiarity?

Classic troon

this is the problem right here. the only things humans learn is to assign meaning to objects, situations, feelings. what would even be the significance (sign systems) of this being a classic troon post? what is gained? what is lost? I, of course, thought the same thing, but...

...are we really just going to let troon's question be assigned to troon as troon, as the local color of the forum, mutual reassurance that troon is that person, as we all have observed in the past, and now observe again, that acts in a way that is similar to the way troon acts. troon is acting like troon again, and now I can go to sleep.

do we need characters who are faithful to themselves, or to a certain archetype of which they are the current flame-bearer? is continuously observing the existence and persistence of archetypes necessary for our rationed content? though we have no way of knowing how archetypes were implanted in our collective mind (true memetics, not the verbicide victim "meme" which is not what you think it is) they are perhaps the most powerful aspect of human communication, reminding us of things we didn't know we knew.

have i posted in this manner frequently enough that someone would classify this as a classic sheathe post? how would i feel if that were true? how would you feel if that were true? the honor of giving respect? the warmness of noting peculiarity?

classic sheathe post

such existential

great meta

Okay- so everything is nothing, yada yada- fine. But with perception, we can do amazing things. Reality, knowing-- fucking whatever. But perception in and of itself is the most raw of experiences, and we can fuck with it-- we can have great fun with it!

A newborn does not know what part of its body is what part..... And even after the brain associates sensation to parts, still- in the context of this thread- this means nothing. I smashed my face on concrete a couple years ago, and my lip was all fucked up. It was sewn back together, but the inside of my mouth was like ground beef held together with string. A certain part on the inside was flipped upside-down, so when I put my tongue on the top, it felt like the bottom. When feeling the bottom with my tongue, the sensation was that I was touching the top. Eventually, ze brain re-associated these sensations-- so now up is up. The point being, that we can arbitrarily choose these things, if we want.

So you can turn your eyelids into your genitals, and then everytime you blink, it gets you off. So then you can be in public and blink furiously to orgasm.

So of course nothing means anything and even tripping on a whole sheet of acid will just bring more of nothing+everything, but we can choose how to perceive things. Even typing this entry, I could very well be in the desert, buried in a hole, being eaten by vultures. Or whatever. But I choose to pretend I am on WATMM.

So there is that. Wanna be Vanilla Ice in the 90's and do the runningman for thousands of fans? Just pretend, and it will be. Same as anything else. We are all just pretending. It's all a game. And we can choose whose fantasy we play in.

i'm pretty sure we are all sitting on a couch or at a desk and not doing something we should be doing, though i do wish i was being eaten by vultures, or maybe chased by something unknown in a swamp

Once in a while watmm needs a thread like this to let everyone get their scattered thoughts about something huge and by its nature uncomprehensible out.

Healthy probably, perhaps you come out the other side more confused than when you entered? Maybe you think it merely adds to a barrage of uselessness like a mound of turd rolling down a hill,

or maybe it has got your philosophical juices running and you feel all the more enlightened because of it.

just like cats sometimes need confusing to keep them from "moping" hmm, moping...must remember that one

Troon: confuseawatmmer ltd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Je1CEPkUM

Okay- so everything is nothing, yada yada- fine. But with perception, we can do amazing things. Reality, knowing-- fucking whatever. But perception in and of itself is the most raw of experiences, and we can fuck with it-- we can have great fun with it!

A newborn does not know what part of its body is what part..... And even after the brain associates sensation to parts, still- in the context of this thread- this means nothing. I smashed my face on concrete a couple years ago, and my lip was all fucked up. It was sewn back together, but the inside of my mouth was like ground beef held together with string. A certain part on the inside was flipped upside-down, so when I put my tongue on the top, it felt like the bottom. When feeling the bottom with my tongue, the sensation was that I was touching the top. Eventually, ze brain re-associated these sensations-- so now up is up. The point being, that we can arbitrarily choose these things, if we want.

So you can turn your eyelids into your genitals, and then everytime you blink, it gets you off. So then you can be in public and blink furiously to orgasm.

So of course nothing means anything and even tripping on a whole sheet of acid will just bring more of nothing+everything, but we can choose how to perceive things. Even typing this entry, I could very well be in the desert, buried in a hole, being eaten by vultures. Or whatever. But I choose to pretend I am on WATMM.

So there is that. Wanna be Vanilla Ice in the 90's and do the runningman for thousands of fans? Just pretend, and it will be. Same as anything else. We are all just pretending. It's all a game. And we can choose whose fantasy we play in.

great post. i'd like to add that most of the things we fret about are actually collective delusions of this nature--money, countries, hierarchy, gender roles, ownership, etc. all these are just what the group agrees on. they are all of us pretending together.

once you really internalize that, humans definitely seem more like big monkeys and less like The Chosen People of the Universe or whatever people like to think of themselves as.

harmlessness and to avoid causing pain, sorrow and suffering to any living thing at all costs; if in any way possible. to set this as ones primary goal in life, this advanced expression of love - not the survival of the fittest, but the willingness to help and support the weakest to heal and become strong once again. this is the meaning of life and life's work. to not look at the world for an example, but to attempt to be better then all worldly examples in our ability to love.

also, accountability. humans obviously have trouble with accountability. we must allow ourselves to be held accountable for our wrong actions and to forgive and ask for forgiveness from others.

Like, there are millions of microscopic bacteria lounging on my body now, like moving in the way bacteria do. I'm their planet so to speak. Will bacteria (A) on my right arm ever meet bacteria (B) on my left arm? Will they find the landbridge that is my upper body to cross & meet up & fuck like bacteria fuck. Do I leave a trail of them everytime I move. Like everyone moving is leaving bacteria everywhere with every step...with every breath. If I supersized myself, how tall would I have to be before the bacteria living on me would be as big as my formal self? ...

harmlessness and to avoid causing pain, sorrow and suffering to any living thing at all costs; if in any way possible. to set this as ones primary goal in life, this advanced expression of love - not the survival of the fittest, but the willingness to help and support the weakest to heal and become strong once again. this is the meaning of life and life's work. to not look at the world for an example, but to attempt to be better then all worldly examples in our ability to love.

also, accountability. humans obviously have trouble with accountability. we must allow ourselves to be held accountable for our wrong actions and to forgive and ask for forgiveness from others.

Are you slowly dissolving into those spam bots that post random junk to try and get around spam filters.

i don't see what's so hard to understand. he's talking about metaphysics and the "good life."

shit, i like these philosophical threads, even if everyone gunks them up with non-sequiturs. it's always good to try to wrap your brain around some new worldviews.

Archived