IGNORED

Black Echoes - Classical/Ambient

Squee

I just finished a new ambient track for an art installation and thought I would post it here. Feel free to download it unless it bores you to death.

I reuploaded it to my other Soundcloud account, changed a couple of things, and mixed it slightly different. Feel free to download.

Guest GateFour

This is beautiful. Really fits the mood of that picture, love the crackle too and the overall ambience.

Curious if the piano was recorded live?

I like it, exactly the right kind of darkness.

I'm glad to hear that, thanks! :)

Really enjoyed that! Thanks for making it available to download.

Doesn't sound rushed at all btw, I dig the mix. I also can't tell shit from Chanel though :)

No problem! :)

Trust me, it was rushed like you wouldn't believe it, haha.

dub cradle is perfect

makes me think of 8 year old me in our public bathouse in trondheim

lol, wut?

Lydboelger; 2:25 love the flutter reverb type sound…great atmosphere.

Thanks, man! Yeah, I kinda like that sound as well :)

Picture fits the vibe perfectly

The photo is part of the installation, so I'm glad you think the music fits the photo, hehe :)

I always forget how good your stuff is man, simply stunning. You need to get an album out there !

Cheers, man! I'll have something out soon-ish. It'll be a dubby EP, though. Deep and dark, I think.

Nice mixing and sound design here. Solid soundtrack work.

I'm glad the mix sounds okay to you guys. My mixes are always complete trainwrecks.

This is beautiful. Really fits the mood of that picture, love the crackle too and the overall ambience.

Thanks, man! Yeah, it's a real piano if that's what you mean :) Your question made me think of an idea I had for this track, that I completely forgot about, because like I said, it was rushed. Right behind my place there's a huge abandoned house which my girlfriend and I broke into a couple of weeks ago. The only thing in the house, besides walls covered in mould, was an old and completely detuned upright piano. So I grabbed my recorder and started playing some of the themes from this track on it and my plan was to use it as part of this tune, but I completely forgot about it. I'll post that recording in a couple of minutes.

very lovely

followed

also excellent work with the bass in this. great harmony with the ambience

Thanks, man! :) Appreciate it :)

I really like it. Like the low, windy sounds - nice in a 'not shit ambient' kinda way :)

Haha, thanks! :)

Right behind my place there's a huge abandoned house which my girlfriend and I broke into a couple of weeks ago. The only thing in the house, besides walls covered in mould, was an old and completely detuned upright piano. So I grabbed my recorder and started playing some of the themes

agghj mad jelly

you could squee(ze) an entire album/ep out of that, i betcha. Live, untreated recordings. Art is all photos of the house. Call it "Improvisations for Spooky Abandoned House Piano Volume 1" or something

oh yeah, is there a way to link this track? Some of my online ambient music friends would probably like this vibe a lot

Thanks, man! Yeah, it's a real piano if that's what you mean :) Your question made me think of an idea I had for this track, that I completely forgot about, because like I said, it was rushed. Right behind my place there's a huge abandoned house which my girlfriend and I broke into a couple of weeks ago. The only thing in the house, besides walls covered in mould, was an old and completely detuned upright piano. So I grabbed my recorder and started playing some of the themes from this track on it and my plan was to use it as part of this tune, but I completely forgot about it. I'll post that recording in a couple of minutes.

Really want to hear that

the gate effects add a nice synthetic contrast! i was thinking i would like to hear a nice sub kick somewhere, then you added one in.. just right. so no criticism here!

Guest BasDirks

Beautiful. There's something strangely warm and welcoming about it. Strange because it basically sounds like apocalypse at sea.

Right behind my place there's a huge abandoned house which my girlfriend and I broke into a couple of weeks ago. The only thing in the house, besides walls covered in mould, was an old and completely detuned upright piano. So I grabbed my recorder and started playing some of the themes

agghj mad jelly

you could squee(ze) an entire album/ep out of that, i betcha. Live, untreated recordings. Art is all photos of the house. Call it "Improvisations for Spooky Abandoned House Piano Volume 1" or something

oh yeah, is there a way to link this track? Some of my online ambient music friends would probably like this vibe a lot

Yeah, you should be able to share it using this link

https://soundcloud.com/apertureaudio/harbour-power-of-dreams/s-bvQYk

I just re-listened to the recordings I made at that abandoned house and then I remembered why I didn't end up using it. One fifth of the keys on the piano wouldn't play, so it was impossible to play anything on it, which is apparent on the recording:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3973285/Aperture/Detuned%20Piano.mp3

Really want to hear that

Like I said, so many of the keys didn't work so it sounds pretty fucking crummy. But I did end up with some really cool sound design samples that I hope I get to use some day.

nice jam, Squee

Thanks, Limpy! :)

the gate effects add a nice synthetic contrast! i was thinking i would like to hear a nice sub kick somewhere, then you added one in.. just right. so no criticism here!

I'm glad I fulfilled your wishes :)

Beautiful. There's something strangely warm and welcoming about it. Strange because it basically sounds like apocalypse at sea.

Hehe, thanks, man! Yeah, it sounds like a warm cozy blanket of hell or something.

Oh man this is so lovely

Thanks, man! Appreciate it :)

damn dude, so awesome! If this is you not trying very hard, I need to listen to the rest of your jams. Will do.

I mean, I did work on it, but it's nowhere near as polished or detailed as I would want it to be. But thanks, man! :)

Also, I did a live performance at the opening of the show and recorded a bit of it, which can be heard right here:

https://soundcloud.com/apertureaudio/aperture-19

I'll post this in the first post as well.

Like I said, so many of the keys didn't work so it sounds pretty fucking crummy. But I did end up with some really cool sound design samples that I hope I get to use some day.

Sounds quite nice. Liked hearing that kind of "third note" popping out (I guess its called an overtone, (en)harmonic?))

• 1 year later...

Archived