IGNORED

Aphex Twin: minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix

Joyrex

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree this one track is better than all of tomorrow's harvest. Maybe one of the brothers should sacrifice one themselves to achieve Aphex Twin Level.

i love minipops, got this comfy moody feeling. dizzy green lights. but what about the lyrics? i can understand only the last part "eeewwewwee waking dead in the park with you" (or something like that)... does anyone solved that mistery?

inversed prolapse

=O

that exists? =O

Since a prolapse is rectum coming out of your asshole, an inverted one would be a normal butthole

i love minipops, got this comfy moody feeling. dizzy green lights. but what about the lyrics? i can understand only the last part "eeewwewwee waking dead in the park with you" (or something like that)... does anyone solved that mistery?

youu-u-uu u-u-u [cornish, french, scottish or something reversed or otherwise fucked] (m- died in the par? (rolled r)) with you

i tried and failed to sing along

everytime I hear the end of that song I imagine an old man, about to die, sitting at his upright piano, reflecting back on his life and relationship. He thinks about a past experience with his late wife, who has long passed on. He plays a litle melody to get beyond the pain of having lost her. He sings. "Meeee, hiding out in the park, with you." the piano playing stops, the old man lays down to die. We hear one last sound. He dies.

Guest progben

youu-u-uu u-u-u [cornish, french, scottish or something reversed or otherwise fucked] (m- died in the par? (rolled r)) with you

i tried and failed to sing along

I hear the bit people are interpreting as 'cold' or 'park' as Korg (as in Minipops). Maybe 'dialed in the Korg'?

I think having something technical pitched to sound like something emotive is fitting, either way

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

For the love of all that is holy, can somebody please close the bracket in the topic title

character limit?

Nah, I counted :tongue:

let the OCD bishes suffer.

BvxD5XWCIAA_bdx.jpg

Guest trananhhung

Ive been listening to nothing but this lately and every time i come back to it its even better than the last time. As someone already said it, MASTERPIECE.

So many turns and grooves, it's just so interesting. Aphex is indeed one of the fews who makes me listen and listen to a song so many times to really know it by heart. Even more impressive that he doesn't need to raise the bpms to 200 to get that effect.

Still can't believe those fuckin shakers man. He knows it too. I love how he leans into them after the singing breakdown

I am also a large fan of the shakers. Really enjoy the part after the clubby lead where it goes into just shakers, and then back into the beat. Amazing

So in that OOR interview, RDJ mentions it took him three years to complete this track. Taking this comment at face value, I wonder if there's three complete years of work into this track, if he was interrupted during production or if there was a long gap of inactivity between inception and fibe-tuning completion, as Minipops seems technically and musically less complex and dense than some tracks on Rushup Edge (or Drukqds).

So in that OOR interview, RDJ mentions it took him three years to complete this track. Taking this comment at face value, I wonder if there's three complete years of work into this track, if he was interrupted during production or if there was a long gap of inactivity between inception and fibe-tuning completion, as Minipops seems technically and musically less complex and dense than some tracks on Rushup Edge (or Drukqds).

I'm willing to bet the bulk of it was done in a week or two, then sat in the "current projects and pics of me, volume 7b" folder for a year before being re-opened to add the backwards warping sounds you hear in some bits, then another year to get the vocals right.

i think its about drugs.

E, how did i get bored, with u?

but there are variations.

the last vocoded words at the end:

"i dont need (no or your) fucking help"

Guest BasDirks

everytime I hear the end of that song I imagine an old man, about to die, sitting at his upright piano, reflecting back on his life and relationship. He thinks about a past experience with his late wife, who has long passed on. He plays a litle melody to get beyond the pain of having lost her. He sings. "Meeee, hiding out in the park, with you." the piano playing stops, the old man lays down to die. We hear one last sound. He dies.

heh, that's really nice

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

heh, that's really nice

richardcorleone_zpseaf6091d.jpg

Archived