IGNORED

Aphex Twin: minipops 67 [120.2][source field mix

Joyrex

I can't believe most magazines are titling this as "the first aphex twin song in 13 years" fucking poser noobs won't do their research.

Anyway. It's good. Must listen to it a couple of times more.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. It is a grower, the production is ridiculous. Very aurally pleasing, like one of those chicks on youtube who rips velcro and speaks in a whisper (what is that called again?). Yummy in the earholes.

wish he was doing something a bit more interesting, but can't really complain, it's on repeat.

Not sure the present tense applies here tho, it was first heard 7 years ago.

btw minipops sounds like a cereal brand.

yesterday was the first time i heard the "manchester track",i don't have an opinion yet cause i'm just blown away by hearing NEW UNHOLY SHIT with top notch production!!!! i must resist playing it the whole time but thank god i have kanye and an i-tunes card to spend

like joyrex said syro seems to be a gift from the chosen one to all the fans who wanted those live tracks

i am sure RDJ is gonna release more musick so let's be very very THANKFULL

Thank you phlex! i am happy!!

I can't believe most magazines are titling this as "the first aphex twin song in 13 years" fucking poser noobs won't do their research.

A TV show once got my name wrong. Researchers and journalists can be lazy. He got off light, on the scale of things. :)

It's a range of drum machines by Korg. If memory serves, some of them sound quite nice. They're pretty underrated. But at the end of the day, they're still preset sounds, and it's fun to roll your own too.

like joyrex said syro seems to be a gift from the chosen one to all the fans who wanted those live tracks

i am sure RDJ is gonna release more musick so let's be very very THANKFULL

Thank you phlex! i am happy!!

I really wish BoC would give us a similar gift. Some of those tracks they played live are great and would be fantastic to have in good quality. So I'm very thankful that Richard is doing this for us.

too much cum going out of penus stop cant breath stop too much best ever stop aphex twin is a fucking cunt over

lol

weren't you at the listening party in Paris LUDD? Or is that coming up at the weekend?

too much cum going out of penus stop cant breath stop too much best ever stop aphex twin is a fucking cunt over

lol

weren't you at the listening party in Paris LUDD? Or is that coming up at the weekend?

photo-269.jpg?_r=1408840062

Guest murphythecat8

after seriously at least 30 listen, I can say I love the track.

Its really refreshing sound. I love the song!

I think its safe to say that likely, nothing bad will ever come out of RDJ. Even my girl likes the new song!

Just biked in to say, Hi Lumpy, been a while. Nice to see you back, hope everything is cool over there with your family and stuff.

hey delet...! Yeah it's been a while. I tend to go to other places for my socializing, and just come back here for major musical events like the AAA and Syro (keeping it "all about the music" as Papa wanted). But maybe I'll start dipping in more, hard to say as I now have two kids! A happy but tiring time.

How are things with you, all good I hope?

Just biked in to say, Hi Lumpy, been a while. Nice to see you back, hope everything is cool over there with your family and stuff.

hey delet...! Yeah it's been a while. I tend to go to other places for my socializing, and just come back here for major musical events like the AAA and Syro (keeping it "all about the music" as Papa wanted). But maybe I'll start dipping in more, hard to say as I now have two kids! A happy but tiring time.

How are things with you, all good I hope?

delet make sure to ask lumpy about his ugly daughter...

two kids !! China must be splitting at the seams. (heh). It's healthy to not watmm too much methinks. I recon many here have office jobs so they can just bludge away the hours. Fair enough to them, not judging.

As for me, all good, same same, static being.

About the Plaid comparisons... Just my 2 cents...

Plaid were HEAVILY influenced by Aphex sense of melody back in the 90's. Aphex disappears, Plaid keeps releasing music. Aphex comes back years later, people compare it to Plaid.

plaid have released incredibly melodic music since 1991.

I know dr, I wasn't saying that Plaid is 100% Aphex. But their 1991 stuff isn't exactly what people are comparing minipops 67 to I think. ;) Plaid have been many things. The thing in their sound which people feel reminded of when listening to minipops 67, was I think influenced by Aphex in the first place, back in the 90's. Thats all I said. Just my opinion really.

Guest Chesney

I don't hear any Aphex influence in Plaid's music. Plaid have been on a consistent progressive patch. However, I don't doubt that they pull inspiration from him and many other sources. Same as, I don't hear any Plaid influence in any of RDJ's music, until now. Maybe it's just coincidence and not related but minipops structure at least the first half has a plaid feel while all motif's are RDJ through and through.

I listened to this on cans last night and it's great. The very start sound phenomenal but I still can help feeling that there's a section at the end that's really messy.

A TV show once got my name wrong. Researchers and journalists can be lazy. He got off light, on the scale of things. :)

It's a range of drum machines by Korg. If memory serves, some of them sound quite nice. They're pretty underrated. But at the end of the day, they're still preset sounds, and it's fun to roll your own too.

Also, it was a very creepy UK tv show from way back... loved by little old ladies but everyone else thought 5 year olds in lingerie singing about 'making love all night long' was a little weird.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minipops

the beat reminds me of a slowed down drukqs track with the bass of VBS.redlof.b and the piano and melody of "on" with vocals of "Windowlicker"
Don't get me wrong I don't want to claim that its a rehash. In fact the parts I mentioned I really really like and to have them in one place is just like heaven to me.

Archived