IGNORED

Has anyone purchased iTunes Japan gift cards outside of Japan?

Avarik

Hey,

I took a look at the rules and I did a search and found no info on this - I'm sure it's been asked before and I apologize for the noob mistake of making a thread about it, but here goes:

Has anyone who lives in the USA or anywhere but Japan purchased iTunes Japan gift cards? If so, from where did you pick them up / order them? I'd love to legitimately complete my collection of Japan only tracks.

Thanks, and/or sorry!

Guest jasondonervan

Play-Asia are good for this, they might be a little more expensive but you are able to claim the code immediately rather than wait for a card to be delivered. Bear in mind that you must have a dedicated Japanese account set up on iTunes - you can't redeem a Japanese code on a US or any other regional iTunes account.

I've switched my iTunes client to Japan, and I can see the Japan exclusive tracks and whatnot. Do I need to be running through a proxy when I make the account?
Just how strict are they about this?

Guest jasondonervan

I've switched my iTunes client to Japan, and I can see the Japan exclusive tracks and whatnot. Do I need to be running through a proxy when I make the account?

Just how strict are they about this?

No proxy required.

Switching your iTunes client isn't enough - you must set up a new, dedicated Japanese account in order to redeem any codes/make any purchases successfully. As long as the account has a Japanese address (just use something like a Tower Records store, plenty to choose from) you'll be fine. You also need to use a different email address for billing, you can just create a new gmail account or whatever for that.

got an iTunes related question, so I am gonna post it here... how is it with iTunes music? can I make backups of it on external hdd or are the files somehow restricted? I tried to read this from their Terms but I feel mixed about that,...they are talking about some 5 copies for computers and 7 copies for cds, anyone who buy stuff from iTunes can help?

ITunes files are DRM-free .m4a, you can freely back them up and burn them to discs. I think they have your Apple store account ID tagged onto the tracks metadata (not a big deal really)

As far as I know your iTunes account may only be accessed from up to 5 computers at once, but the files you download can be infinitely copied and burned

Archived