IGNORED

The Knick

Squee

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Season 2 - holy fuck what a finale.

Performing surgery on yourself while really fucking high on cocaine is a hell of a way to make an exit

Season 3 - will it match Season 2 (which I thought was better than Season 1)? Fucking tough to top that.

Performing surgery on yourself while really fucking high on cocaine is a hell of a way to make an exit

That was very much the way Thackery could have gone, as brilliant, arrogant showman

That was very much the way Thackery could have gone, as brilliant, arrogant showman

I wouldn't really call him arrogant. Just manic and impulsive.

I wouldn't really call him arrogant. Just manic and impulsive.

Azatoth - I assume you meant to say "the ONLY way...."? Totally agree. Also agree with Squee - he wasn't really arrogant (though he certainly wasn't humble), but definitely manic and impulsive.

• 3 weeks later...

That finale was gut-wrenching (!) to watch. Not just because of the content, but because it looks like it's curtains for one of the greatest series I've ever seen, no question about it. Steven Soderbergh won't be stepping in anymore for a possible S3, possibly not even the same cast, and that just won't be the same. At any rate, it was a fantastic, albeit short run, I was totally blindsided by it.

Soderbergh seems like he'll be pretty involved in the writing for S3/4. That medium link jellyrahjah posted above makes it seem like he's pretty hyped about the future of the show. However I do hold some of the same reservations as chim.

I do hope they keep Cliff Martinez on - his score was immense.

• 5 months later...

almost contemplating binging it this weekend, but still i remember very well why it didn't work for me the first time - general aimlessness of the plot, hammy "issues" that it sets for itself to deal with, soapiness...i mean rationally i should, because i watched much shittier shows in the meanwhile (the outsiders, for example).

Can't wait to see what comes next! This show is among the all-time best. It was very interesting to watch after having undergone some recent surgeries and medical trauma myself. I hope if they reboot the plot they'll preserve a lot of the aesthetic of the prior seasons (and the cast, ideally!)

Archived