IGNORED

The Knick

Squee

it looks gorgeous but gets pretty boring and repetitive from the first 4 episodes i've watched, it's pretty much plotless and is only tied by the concept. "things happening in the american hospital at the beginning of the 20th century"...

it looks gorgeous but gets pretty boring and repetitive from the first 4 episodes i've watched, it's pretty much plotless and is only tied by the concept. "things happening in the american hospital at the beginning of the 20th century"...

+1

thought it was incredibly boring.

That's a bit harsh I think.

I binge watched the 1st season yesterday night, wouldn't say it's boring, I was really entertained. Sure it very revolved around the subject, and maybe not so much the characters, but I think the subject is just very interesting.

I'll watch pretty much whatever Clive Owen is in, so I'll check it out.

*activates wang for Clive Owen and ONLY Clive Owen*

*also activates wang for raisin toast*

*also activates wang for raisin toast*

In retrospect perhaps the raisin toast erection was somewhat misjudged and premature. The leap from Clive Owen to raisin toast is only acceptable in hipster world. But sometimes the feel good factor consumes the human and they're like 'Whoa, i am so enjoying this right now i gotta share'. These are also attributes characters from The Knick seem to be experiencing. The show seems to gettin dicks a lot harder than The Leftovers, damn straight.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, season 2's almost over.

I'm wondering if it'll be the last season. Season 2 was announced before season 1 even aired, and there's been no word on a 3rd season yet. Ratings have been declining and I imagine it's not cheap to produce. Although, it's also literally the only thing Cinemax has going for it so maybe that's enough reason for them to keep making it.

We've been chatting about it in the TV thread. Basically all regular viewers concur that it is indeed quite good.

Think I'll start season 2 tonight.

Still think the first season is some of the best I've ever seen. Deserved a whole lot more buzz. And just the productions values alone, I've never seen a TV-series look this good. It even looks better than most high budget movies out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe this went under my radar. That was one of the best pilots I've ever seen, as a huge fan of surgery and medical history I'm absolutely stoked to see more.

Well fuck.

If the show ends after the 2nd season, then it went out with a bang, and ended on a pretty goddamn dark note (not surprising, but still intense).

Word is that Cinemax wants a 3rd season though and would consider going forward without that character (and the actor said they were only signed on for 2 seasons). Do you think the other characters are interesting enough to carry a season on their own?

Archived