IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

Hitler would probably listen to a leaked release, just think about that.

Only if the leaked release came from Eva Braun...

Also curious to hear your thoughts! And also, if you can add credence to the imminence of a part 1? or equally as important to me, any BoC activity this year??!?!?!

I second, third and fourth this question

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest progben

this is incredible at 45 rpm.

Agreed. It all works so well. I'm putting it on 33 and 45 one after another for a solid 45 minutes. Feels like two different records

n'importe nawak... with your part. 1... pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff - sometimes I wonder if you understand the jokes ... a lot of you have too serious mind ...

they can't even tell the difference between an LP and an EP even though afx twinz has helpfully written EP in the title and vorp have done the catalogue numbers and everything it's totally mental. fucking hell.

i'm not even gonna listen to it until the situation is resolved.

Guest LoveRhino

It reminds me a lot of Dawn of Midi.

i was thinking the same thing! i'm really surprised dawn of midi isn't mentioned more around here.

I saw these boys play live at the Jazz festival last year. Beyond the prepared sound of the piano I did not see much correlation, though it is on usually subjective so I'm not denying nor devaluing your observations. I do love this Ep, though after listening at 45 I just couldn't so 33 straight after. I'll try again today.

Also, if you dig Dawn of Midi check out Nik Bartsch. His Mobile band are purely acoustic and Ronin electric. Very nice, tight, muted polyrhythmic gorgeousness.

check out Nik Bartsch. His Mobile band are purely acoustic and Ronin electric. Very nice, tight, muted polyrhythmic gorgeousness.

Thanks for the heads up. Some tight shit.

sorry if this has been covered earlier in this 40-page thread, but has anyone compiled information on the actual instruments in use on this release? I know a lot of them have been detailed in various interviews, but I don't want to go on a crazy scavenger hunt.

sorry if this has been covered earlier in this 40-page thread, but has anyone compiled information on the actual instruments in use on this release? I know a lot of them have been detailed in various interviews, but I don't want to go on a crazy scavenger hunt.

well if you hear it you will know the instrument

DISKPREPT1 :music:

Really lovely EP, waay more funk than expected and great atmosphere. Definitely one for headphones I'd say. I love how the last track builds and builds into this bathtub full of warm lushness and then just knocks out, kept me playing the EP over and over again today :) next step is trying it on 45 rpm and combining it with Syro!

Really lovely EP, waay more funk than expected and great atmosphere. Definitely one for headphones I'd say. I love how the last track builds and builds into this bathtub full of warm lushness and then just knocks out, kept me playing the EP over and over again today :) next step is trying it on 45 rpm and combining it with Syro!

Glad you're having a good time, Jan!

I really love how raw this EP was recorded, It contains the rawness that syro was lacking sonically.

snar2 sounds like it was recorded INSIDE the snare drum and there's a dog barking in the background. Yay for silly Aphex.

Great sounds and really interesting compositions on here. I really love the super funky drums that everyone is talking about.

Whereas Syro was a bit of a let down for me, this definitely makes up for it.

I don't want to start some awful discussion about compression and mastering, but it feels like there's a lot more dynamics on this EP too.

I'm feeling a strong 8 to a light 9 on this one.

Aphex Twin, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments, forever

i don't remember a breakdown on the gear list. heh, he should have printed it on the cover like with syro .. Oh course, then no one would know what he was listing, although i guess most of the names would not be unfamiliar if they were normal instruments or objects screwed in to the actuator thinganator.

Oh yeah, this EP goes great with a good pair of headphones. I love feeling like I'm inside the instruments.

Good luck with combining it with Syro. That's going to be difficult :P Though I have a feeling that the next LP might go well with these tracks.

snar2 sounds like it was recorded INSIDE the snare drum

I thought it was? I have a few drum samples from inside the drums, and they have that faint flange effect.

I'm feeling a strong 8 to a light 9 on this one.

Aphex Twin, Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments, forever

xD I expect a 5 from him. He will complain about how many of the tracks sound too similar, and he'll suggest that the short tracks weren't needed.

Guest bitroast

The last track is the most autechre-sounding aphex twin song i think i have ever heard... MAybe not.. I don't know the whole thing is pretty amaZzzing ..

snar2 sounds like it was recorded inside with a binaural mic set up. if you listen on head phones you can hear a drastic fluctuation in stereo placement that could correspond to the beaters shown in some of the pictures from the logos foundation website.

IMG_8097_10.JPG

IMG_8098_10.JPG

could have been but i would imagine it would be really hard to get a recording *inside* of a drum (you'd have to turn the gain down much lower than usual on the mic pre) and also get a distant dog bark by accident in the same recording (am i thinking of the right track?)

Archived