IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

looking forward to pfork's 5.5

ahah made me laugh, but i think they wont

they're quite IDM balls likers lovers since those past couple of years, one of two of their BNM stuff is IDM-ish

i expect a 8.4 BNM

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

looking forward to pfork's 5.5

ahah made me laugh, but i think they wont

they're quite IDM balls likers lovers since those past couple of years, one of two of their BNM stuff is IDM-ish

i expect a 8.4 BNM

i'm actually expecting a low 5.5-ish score.

they gave syro the glowing review, they can't keep that up and seem like fanboys now can they. they're gonna give aphex a low score + Bjork a medium score.

pitchfork aint gonna give it BNM because it just aint that kinda release. i got to know some pitchfork contributors over the years a way to high scores is very.. beaurocratic. like it used to be 'i like it so i give it good review!' kinda thing back in early 00s, but since it's a huge corporation now everything needs to check out. you don't want to lose them readers.

it was like that in every bigger magazine i wrote for so i don't find this shocking or revolting. full honesty and democracy is good for private blogs.

So what I want to know is;

Is it worth my money for the vinyl. I still don't really enjoy Syro that much. is it anything like that?

Only you can answer that question..

The answer is inside you.

You already know the answer within your heart.

It just needs to come out.

almost every track on this is great, there's just the 'barn dance' track which is violently boring

that track has been in my head since i heard it, it even haunted me since the penderecki thing, its violently great

wanna fite m8 :catrage:

Aphex just posted this on soundcloud:

When you download the file, there's cover artwork attached to it, I can see an old flyer for a Phonic Boy On Dope gig? And a picture of Richard and his tank :)? Anyone capable of getting to that image?

Guest progben

When you download the file, there's cover artwork attached to it, I can see an old flyer for a Phonic Boy On Dope gig? And a picture of Richard and his tank :)? Anyone capable of getting to that image?

Any noticeable difference between this and the standard mix?

If anything though, it might confirm the fact that these tracks are meant to be mixed together, and might even be a puzzle of sorts.

If anything though, it might confirm the fact that these tracks are meant to be mixed together, and might even be a puzzle of sorts.

Not too familiar with the original yet, but I think it is comparable to how those remixes of those two Drukqs tracks were done. Very subtle, some added percussion, bit different tones.

edit: ah, that was quick! Thanks Chalybs! How did you get that if I may ask?

yesss, i was a bit disappointed to not hear him putting snar2 to use on any of the proper tracks on here. this also sounds significantly different from the EP version in terms of mastering, this is clearly pre-master

Track number 1 of 483...

Not too familiar with the original yet, but I think it is comparable to how those remixes of those two Drukqs tracks were done. Very subtle, some added percussion, bit different tones.

edit: ah, that was quick! Thanks Chalybs! How did you get that if I may ask?

I just opened it with vlc :)

Archived