IGNORED

X-Files 2016

Rubin Farr

are you guys watching season 10 from 2016? i’m confused, seems like you’re watching something new...

there's new episodes that started a couple weeks ago. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost art of forehead sweat - I feel dirty, but thoroughly enjoyed last nights episode. Self-deprecating in Darin Morgan's trademark ways. He should have just done the whole season.

kinda enjoyed this episode. i say kinda because it's such a parody of itself whilst putting it in the context of today's right-wing paranoid love of conspiracies that it feels more like it should be it's own thing rather than x-files: but maybe it's good it's in x-files for letting the hair down on all the "garbage" that came before it.

also- i laughed out loud when mulder turned into darin morgan 

also- i laughed out loud when mulder turned into darin morgan 

Haha...yea. There were some good chuckles in this one. Mulder head on his kid self & Skinner coming out of the stairwell at the end " Where they taking Reggie?".

Mulder turning into Darin Morgan was from an episode called small potatoes, season 4.

Another awesome episode from mr. Morgan, I don't think it was as good as the one he did in season 10, but still quality. The alien quoting from trump about building the wall and sending us rapists was hilarious.

Mulder turning into Darin Morgan was from an episode called small potatoes, season 4.

Another awesome episode from mr. Morgan, I don't think it was as good as the one he did in season 10, but still quality. The alien quoting from trump about building the wall and sending us rapists was hilarious.

and it rode over one f those little wheelie things that explode. perfect. 

latest episode...was ok-ish. Expected worse I guess from a mythology episode.

I was so ready for a straight-up MotW and then it swerved into the William stuff and like... ugh

Darin’s ep was great though. Skinner: “Where are they taking Reggie???”

I was so ready for a straight-up MotW and then it swerved into the William stuff and like... ugh

Sadly, watching the rest of this season will be "I wish Morgan wrote & directed this episode". 

Sadly, watching the rest of this season will be "I wish Morgan wrote & directed this episode".

not a huge change from seasons 7-10 at least, lol

• 4 weeks later...

The latest episode was like a Black Mirror/X-Files mash-up. Completely ridiculous, but was pretty amusing to me. Played like a Darin Morgan episode, but I don't think he was involved? 

Scully's "massager" & blob fish/10

The latest episode was like a Black Mirror/X-Files mash-up. Completely ridiculous, but was pretty amusing to me. Played like a Darin Morgan episode, but I don't think he was involved?

Scully's "massager" & blob fish/10

I liked it a lot, and yeah no Darin - this one was actually cowritten by Glen Morgan’s wife who played Mulder’s reincarnated lover in The Field Where I Died. Not familiar with the other credited writer, and neither of them have a lot of writing credits. Just goes to show that this series desperately needs new blood. Also women in the writer’s room, flol

Watched the latest episode. Monster of the week featuring some over the top lecturing by Mulder about the state of the US, including some over the top scenes of mass hysteria. Fine message though. Mulder was right.

witchcraft/10

^^^ i liked it too. and scully just gets hotter every day

The past several episodes have been entertaining. Finding a bit of a groove compared to how this season began. I could watch another season, minus any mythology episodes. However, we got 2 more. And one of those will be Carter vomit.

The past several episodes have been entertaining. Finding a bit of a groove compared to how this season began. I could watch another season, minus any mythology episodes. However, we got 2 more. And one of those will be Carter vomit.

yeah.. probably.  i like when they bring a little bit of the funny into things.  like that one from last season w/Kumail Nanjiani

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4549942/?ref_=ttep_ep3

that episode ranks up there w/the best for me. snappy. 

yeah.. probably.  i like when they bring a little bit of the funny into things.  like that one from last season w/Kumail Nanjiani

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4549942/?ref_=ttep_ep3

that episode ranks up there w/the best for me. snappy. 

As I've and others have stated, Darin Morgan should have been executive producer, writer & director for all new episodes. Carter needed to have the keys taken away.

Archived