IGNORED

X-Files 2016

Rubin Farr

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't know how to feel about this. I'm particularly worried about Chris Carter's quality control abilities now; there's the second X-Flies movie (the idea was to do a 'long-form X-Flies episode, but a movie!) that was very meh, and then the pilot he started for Amazon was weak, and apparently at least the writing of what they ordered was just as bad if not worse because it was cancelled before going into production.

I really don't know how to feel about this. I'm particularly worried about Chris Carter's quality control abilities now; there's the second X-Flies movie (the idea was to do a 'long-form X-Flies episode, but a movie!) that was very meh, and then the pilot he started for Amazon was weak, and apparently at least the writing of what they ordered was just as bad if not worse because it was cancelled before going into production.

i concur. i always thought the show wore out it's welcome especially after david duchovny left- then the movies were atrociously mediocre. and does anyone remember the failure that was 'the lone gunmen'?

in the words of ed lover: "c'mon son'

I really don't know how to feel about this.

i always thought the show wore out it's welcome especially after david duchovny left

*its

X-Files is part of what defined the '90s as a whole, but it should be left at that. We've gotten enough remakes and reboots as is, when the entertainment industry today is starved of originality as a whole.

they should just do a millennium movie before lance henriksen dies instead

Fuck yes!!!!

This I would pay to see

Hell yes indeed. One of the most criminally under-recognized shows out there.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Fuck yes!!!!

This I would pay to see

Have you watched it recently? First couple of series are alright but holy fuck does it go downhill fast. Season three is pure Ebola

Fuck yes!!!!

This I would pay to see

Have you watched it recently? First couple of series are alright but holy fuck does it go downhill fast. Season three is pure Ebola

there are some good moments of Season 3, I think its about on par with Season 1. It has a lot of bad episodes you just have to selectively watch it. Season 2 is fucking gold though, arguably stronger in total than any single X-files season run. Imo its probably the best single season of any television show ever.

All the principal actors seemed to cringe through the script in the last film:

It was a dramatic low-point for the franchise, but I still enjoyed it in a way. I am down for another, even if it entertains in an ironic sense throughout.

The original definitely jumped the shark after Duchovney left and that 2nd movie was so bad I really don't even remember what happened in it, I know I watched it (though now thinking about it I may have fallen asleep halfway through.) Would this be a continuation of the past arcs or a complete reboot?

i concur. i always thought the show wore out it's welcome especially after david duchovny left- then the movies were atrociously mediocre. and does anyone remember the failure that was 'the lone gunmen'?

in the words of ed lover: "c'mon son'

I love The X-Files, but I can't say I see a need for more.

THIS.

Yeah, Anderson has really blossomed as an actor, shes doing some great roles in the UK, Duchovny hasn't had the same luck (well, from a UK perspective). I think X files would be going a step back in their careers TBH.

Archived