IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a 30 track compilation of Erik archive tracks would spend more time on my turntable than the user18081971 compilation.

Of course the Erik tracks take a lot of influence from early afx/window sounds and lots of the user18081971 stuff isn't really mastered and loads of tracks are more sketches than 'complete' productions and it's totes bonkus the extent of afx originality and range of sonic experiMentalism at such a ridic age - but I personally prefer something like rx101 - 012b #002 to a great deal of the user tracks.

I think a 30 track compilation of Erik archive tracks would spend more time on my turntable than the user18081971 compilation.

Of course the Erik tracks take a lot of influence from early afx/window sounds and lots of the user18081971 stuff isn't really mastered and loads of tracks are more sketches than 'complete' productions and it's totes bonkus the extent of afx originality and range of sonic experiMentalism at such a ridic age - but I personally prefer something like rx101 - 012b #002 to a great deal of the user tracks.

That is a beauty I agree. Surprisingly few followers on that soundcloud account. I don't really get why.

Because its not afx.

When I had a fake tuss MySpace with a bunch of five-minutes-in-Fruity-loops-rubbish-trax on it - I got hundreds of messages from "real fans" saying how lush my analogue synths are.

Even the guardian guide article linked to it prompting something like 2000 friend requests and 200 messages in 24 hours.

Some people have no ears and even less quality control.

+1 - Excellent tunes but also great production.

Or perhaps people have different taste to you?

Yes I am fully aware of that. I think you may have misinterpreted the point of my post a bit though.

Or perhaps people have different taste to you?

Yes I am fully aware of that. I think you may have misinterpreted the point of my post a bit though.

you'll never live up to th'idiot and you know it. that's why you follow him around all the time! you want to be him but you just can't! you just can't ludd!

edit: well I already made that joke. nvm. I hope 'no takesie backsies' isn't a rule at watmm.

6tum is neato.

What's with the evenly spaced comments in Uniaxial? Does the IDM community attract this many OCD people?! :o Fuck... must.. not.. comment...evenly.

Edit: OMG the comments are FAKE as fuck. xD Interesting track, he shouldn't have faked them though...unless he didn't and he just got spammed. One girl likes the way he singing xD >.>

How can you tell the comments are "fake"?

srry soundclog noob here.

look at them. Most of the usernames have three/four numbers after them. Some of the comments don't match what's happening in the track. Two different people on both tracks commented "You're Gem". (lol), Damn bang bang, lovely voice and probably a few others.

Fake comments (and probably views and follows) get you nowhere quick. People come back because they like "you're music and you're lovely voice". Not because you have 190 followers or whatever. I've seen people on soundclewd with 30 followers better, in my opinion, than people with 1k+. The correlation is not strong in this one.

Though to be honest, it makes me wonder if I could start a fake comment 'service' since I'd do a MUCH better job than whoever is running this one. heheh. Anyone want to join me? Today, Soundcloud, then tomorrow, the WORLD!

6tum is neato.

What's with the evenly spaced comments in Uniaxial? Does the IDM community attract this many OCD people?! :o Fuck... must.. not.. comment...evenly.

Edit: OMG the comments are FAKE as fuck. xD Interesting track, he shouldn't have faked them though...unless he didn't and he just got spammed. One girl likes the way he singing xD >.>

All the commenters on one track have only one follower. And all on the other are from New York. Shame because they are actually allright.

I'm kinda hoping to be the one who discovers this guy! :emotawesomepm9: i thought at first it was actually aphex, some of those bits are so close to his early stuff, but i'm thinking not anymore since the actual aphex/user account said something about only having one account, correct me if i'm wrong?

either way, fake comments or not, that guys really good. but who the hell fakes comments for IDM?! who are they trying to impress?

Archived