IGNORED

Venetian Snares Vinyl Reissues

Soloman Tump

it was the first time i've done record store day and from all the stories i've read i was expecting some manic rush and people queuing through the night but it was the most casual experience, just like a normal day in a record store really

really depends on the shop and the stock it's getting in, Piccadilly Records had its first person show up for the queue on Midday Friday. Vinyl Exchange across the way where I was hit maybe twenty or thirty, tho me and the guy I was next to seemed to be the only folks interested in vsnares at the time. I showed up a couple hours before opening just to be sure, but had a good time with the people there waiting so all good

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it was the first time i've done record store day and from all the stories i've read i was expecting some manic rush and people queuing through the night but it was the most casual experience, just like a normal day in a record store really

really depends on the shop and the stock it's getting in, Piccadilly Records had its first person show up for the queue on Midday Friday. Vinyl Exchange across the way where I was hit maybe twenty or thirty, tho me and the guy I was next to seemed to be the only folks interested in vsnares at the time. I showed up a couple hours before opening just to be sure, but had a good time with the people there waiting so all good

yeah i saw another record shop in glasgow posting pictures of people queuing from friday. i guess it also depends on what your looking to buy, i doubt v snares has a big enough following for there to be a need to queue that far in advance

Froze my balls off and made a friend

caN37UP.jpg

:cisfor:

Thanks Aaron, Mike, and all <3

What was his name? from where you were in the queue sounds like i might know him....

Picked of "Rossz Csillag Alatt Szueletett" and "Winter in the Belly of a Snake." The pictures from earlier didn't do them too much justice, they're gorgeous (I'll post my own shitty picture later).

Went to Music Millennium in Portland. Waited a good half-hour (if not more) in line. There was this band playing in a little bus outside ("Super Groovy Cosmic Bus Stop," I got a sticker from them). Had a great time and the weather here was sunny and warm. They also gave us a "swag bag" that had the "Life on Planet-µ" disc in it. Took my girlfriend and she got the Neutral Milk Hotel "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea" album.

caN37UP.jpg

What was his name? from where you were in the queue sounds like i might know him....

thomas

caN37UP.jpg

thomas

Yep that's him. Shaved head peicings Known him for years. Right laugh. :D

^noice! Where'd you go?

Eurgh they had Making Orange Things too but I couldn't justify the expense.

kpB0HIC.jpg

I'll see your Chatter Telephone and raise you a copy of Downfall.

2iEISq9.jpg

• 1 year later...

WATMM Top Tip:

This amazon seller has somehow sold a bunch of RSD Venetian Snares vinyl, with only a few left. The quality says 'acceptable, but I bought Winter from this person and it was in nearly perfect condition! Might be a gamble--might not even be RSD vinyl--but could be worth it. First come first served! (although both me and Spiral have bought copies of Orange, making us first served :catrecline:)

Making Orange Things: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Orange-Things-Venetian-Snares/dp/B000059YXA/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3GN66E8XL7T10

2370894: https://www.amazon.co.uk/2370894-Vinyl-LP-Vsnares/dp/B00ZJR86ZK/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A3GN66E8XL7T10

Disclaimer: the condition could well be shit on these or inaccurate. But my copy of Winter cost me £4 with shipping and turned out amazing, so these should be good. I just bought Orange Things from the same guy and will report back if it's less than amazing conditon.

Here's the £4 copy of Winter I received:

WP_20160506_18_10_33_Pro.jpg

WP_20160506_18_35_44_Pro.jpg

doesnt ship outside the UK though, brexit cunts

Which one do you want? I'll buy it and send it on if you want (I'm sure postage won't be THAT bad...)

Archived