IGNORED

Getting back into making IDM again

modey

1st take of a new track I'm working on, sounding a bit early-2000s IDM. I might add another section, but sound design wise I think it's done. Maybe I'll put a bit more bass into that kick sound and add some chords from an external synth though. I'm still finding my feet with this synth so it's all kinda experimental at the moment!

All sounds from Monomachine, synth parts routed through Behringer Virtualizer Pro hall reverb.

I got the track title from the Autechre track name generator twitter account :happy: .. I suck at track titles these days for some reason!

https://soundcloud.com/pselodux/voutenid-tk1

Very nice reverb going on those synths. That high synth note at 5:00 got me in a sexy mood man!

Good subtle variations throughout. Nice mix of chill and hectic.

I'll start following your sc for more!

Thanks for the nice words guys!

very nice! pretty cool that it's all from a monomachine. can you like press play on it and this comes out, or did you do multiple takes?

This was just the first take; I'm not using the song mode just yet. It's all one pattern, I was just muting and un-muting parts. The lead line was played live though!

Aw thanks! Yeah it's live muting and unmuting and a live synth lead. I've got a little way to go before I master the art of creative mutes (ie. getting the 'drops' right) but I think I'll pick it up eventually.

I use a few elektron boxes for live performance and look at it little like being a conductor, it makes for being able to give a different rendition of a piece every time. It does unfortunately mean there is rarely a definitive version.

Monomachine elektron I haven't been able to get my hands on, the more I hear and read about it the more interesting it sounds. How do you find programming it? I've heard it takes a bit of thought.

Actually, it's easier than I expected. Sure, there is a learning curve but it didn't take me long to get some nice basic sounds out of it. The more crazy sounds can be a bit more of a challenge, mostly because it can get very sensitive when routing a few channels.

At the moment though, I'm taking a bit of a break from it because I'm concentrating on chiptunes for a little while. When I get back into it I think I'll just try making some chippy stuff with it, but with heavier beats and maybe some sounds from a rompler to accompany it.

Archived