IGNORED

Fallout 4 is here...

Muflontillah

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

getting a bit tired of this one tho:

it seems this gets a lot more plays than other songs, i keep hearing it too much, maybe it's just me

it's not bad, but the shoutingness of it gets on my nerves after a while

this is a nice tune, although its a bit*...... wrong

*very (reading the lyrics along in this vid makes it even worse)

actually i was a bit disappointed that F3 songs were also present on F4, surely there's a lot more to choose from

that "crawl out through the fallout" song is so fantastically bad. I love/hate it.

oh man that song is amazing. really mind blowing that there were tunes like that put out back then.

KISS THOSE RADIATION BURNS AWAY!

I'm just picturing a slowly-ghoulifying human buried under the rubble of a collapsed building scrabbling to get out while "and-a craawl out through the faawlout back to meeeee" plays on a busted radio somewhere. it's so absurd.

Stealth is so much fun in this game with stealth attack modifiers. I found a legendary silenced 10mm pistol with 25% less vats cost that allows you to fire no less than 9 shots in a single vats go. With the first shot doing 3x damage, and 1-2 headshots being enough to kill anything from raiders to super mutants, in practicality this means that you can enter a room of five enemies, tap each one on the noggin, then go put on a pot of coffee while your character pew-pew-pews the living daylights out of them.

I've found the 10mm to be the most versatile gun in the game so far. It also happens to be the first one you acquire in the game, before you even leave Vault 111. Get it all tricked out along with the most powerful semi-automatic receiver and most enemies go down within seconds, provided you're quick on the trigger..

I still haven't completed the main quest line tho. This might be the first game in ages I've gotten totally confused on how to complete.

Also I'm becoming more intrigued by the Glowing Sea for some reason. Didn't do that much exploring the first time around, but this time I stumbled upon some cool sites after doing more exploring, including an abandoned missile silo. And I think I uncovered a clue as to why the Glowing Sea exists in the first place.

This is the one area in the Commonwealth where Power Armor is pretty much a necessity. Feels like being on another planet almost.

I'm level 47 and I'm finding the only thing I'm doing is the repeatable side quests and trying to level up my relationships with all the companions.

Are there any places on the map that you never thought you'd find some good quests but did?

I finally beat the game a couple of days ago. Post game exploration and stuff has commenced. There's still lots to do. But I feel like I'll soon be shifting my time towards The Witcher 3, as I still haven't gotten very far through it. I booted it up the other day and forgot how awesome it is. I did more of the Family Matters quest, which is fantastic. Acutaly, I think I'mma boot it up today and finish that quest at least. I really need new chest armor though. My current chest armor makes Geralt look like he has a massive beer belly lol. Oh, and the stats suck.

Anyways, back to Fallout 4. Now that I beat the game, I've been playing around with the console a bit. So much fun to be had. There's a console command that takes you to a room/zone that has containers with every single item in the game. Great for finding those clothes you've been waiting for to make your character look more awesome.

I finally found Cait post main quest completion. I'm already lovers/married with Piper, but why not try my hand at polygamy? I wonder if they allow that, and if they do what Piper will say when she sees me with another woman.

Without console commands I'm level 81, if I remember correctly. With console commands I think I'm level 186 lol. So many awesome perks at this point and I still don't have em all. Cheating in this game, as long as you don't go too far making it way too easy, can be so much fun!

Level 81? I understand that was the level cap for Skyrim, but for FO4 there is none.

I need to take a break right now tho, cuz I'm trying to figure out the Bunker Hill quest whilst trying to maintain allegiance to the Minutemen but it's confusing as shit. The PC remaster of Turok just came out today, so I'ma hop on that and enjoy some of the most unintentionally hilarious enemy deaths in the history of gaming all over again.

trying to build a multi-level settlement in a small space with lots of nooks and crannies the way I like it is proving to be just silly. how is NPC pathing still so buggy in 2015?

Hangman's Alley and Sommeville Place are probably two of the worst settlement ideas Preston Garvey has come up with. The former is cramped as shit, the latter near a nuclear reactor meltdown zone where Deathclaws roam.

Level 81? I understand that was the level cap for Skyrim, but for FO4 there is none.

Yeah, I love that there is no level cap in Fallout 4. That just happened to be my level before using console cheats. I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it. It's been a while since I've played Skyrim. I should re-download it and grab a ton of graphics mods and have a blast again once I lose enough interest in Fallout 4. And probably after finishing The Witcher 3 too. There's pretty much no way I'll be buying a new video game anytime for a while, so I'll be able to do that no problem.

So I FINALLY completed the Main Quest line...for the Minutemen. The ending cutscene was a bit underwhelming tho, t.b.h.

It's OK tho. System Shock 2 was a great game with a crappy ending too.

It's been a while since I've played Skyrim. I should re-download it and grab a ton of graphics mods and have a blast again once I lose enough interest in Fallout 4.

Any mods anyone would recommend? I've only dabbled with a few Skyrim mods, might as wel go crazy now.

Interested to see what kind of insane mods will be made when they release the creation kit for Fallout 4

nah, PC. I found some mods for that purpose but they all require you to have something else running before you launch the game. I can't be bothered doing that.

there's also a glitch you can exploit which allows you to get around the limit: you take junk out of your workshop, drop it, then go into Workshop mode and scrap it all. each scrapping action takes a little bit away from your size meter. as daft as that is, I'd prefer that over having to have another application running.

Hangman's Alley is still bollocks. Why do I have 17 settlers in that shithole? It was crowded enough before.

I ended up taking down the recruitment beacon, hoping they'll move to settlements where there's more room.

Also last night one of those Gunner cunts blew me up with a Fat Man from higher ground, atop one of those highway overpasses. And to add insult to injury, the loading screen going to my last save featured a model of the in-game La Coiffe magazine. Just merciless, Bethesda.

#fo4fwp

nah, PC. I found some mods for that purpose but they all require you to have something else running before you launch the game. I can't be bothered doing that.

there's also a glitch you can exploit which allows you to get around the limit: you take junk out of your workshop, drop it, then go into Workshop mode and scrap it all. each scrapping action takes a little bit away from your size meter. as daft as that is, I'd prefer that over having to have another application running.

If you're talking about the Nexus Mod Manager Program, honestly, I have no negative points to say about it. At least to me, it has been nothing but beneficial and I will no longer use supported mods without it. What are your concerns regarding mod organization programs?

I have been playing casually for a couple weeks. I've got about 30 hrs of gameplay, but haven't gone to Diamond City yet to start my main quest. I am addicted to savenging & crafting. I'm up to lvl 15 and have explored to the coast and freed/built up a lot of camps in the name of the minutemen and I think I am ready to start looking for my son.

Archived