IGNORED

Fallout 4 is here...

Muflontillah

I don't get how you get the dog to wear shit cause I had a dog collar and a dog chain collar and I couldn't get him to wear either.

You transfer it just like any junk you want it to carry for you, select it in the dog's inventory and press triangle/Y to equip it.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just saw an ufo crash down and near the crashed ship there is a cave where there is an alien and if you kill hem you get the alien blaster gun

love the new fallout and love new tracks, only complaint is that there aren't much new ones :( i must have heard the fallout3 ones a million times. hope there is are more radiostations to pick

I am very fond of dog. I got some armors for him the other day.

The thought of cruising around with some dick head npc jabbering on does not appeal to me. Dog also combos pretty well with Melee builds.

Also you should try playing through on Harder difficulties, you can get some seriously OP loot. I got an arm piece last night that automatically goes into Slow Motion when I dip below 20% HP.

flol @ Dogmeat tripwire holocaust.

the crafting/building shit in this is so addictive. pretty sure I'm going to max out Armorer, Gun Nut and Science perks.

Any of you guys ever see the documentary The Atomic Cafe? It's a great documentary covering our actual "Atomic Age" and contains lots of archival footage and PSA's from the 40's-60's. I can guarantee you the Bethesda guys have probably watched all of this several times for inspiration.

https://vimeo.com/25154726

It's crazy how misinformed about radiation and nuclear fallout we once were. It's a great doc... Also I'm pretty sure most of the footage used is considered public domain these days, some of the old PSA's are a sample goldmine.

Fucking loving this game so far, the crafting/building system is addictive as fuck.

Just be thankful they didn't call it f4llout

F'FOURLOUT

I just wanna go home and curl up with a cup of tea and play this for 8 hours, but I'm an adult with an adult life. fuck. someone fix this for me.

F'FOURLOUT

I just wanna go home and curl up with a cup of tea and play this for 8 hours, but I'm an adult with an adult life. fuck. someone fix this for me.

Right there with you, so it'll have to resort to the bucket list. And if I procrastinate it'll be rescheduled for the afterlife.

F'FOURLOUT

Right there with you, so it'll have to resort to the bucket list. And if I procrastinate it'll be rescheduled for the afterlife.

start dealing drugs.

the crafting/building shit in this is so addictive. pretty sure I'm going to max out Armorer, Gun Nut and Science perks.

Same. I find myself constantly scouring the Commonwealth to resupply on adhesives to craft those weapon and power armor upgrades. I've put over 30 hours in so far and haven't even visited Diamond City yet. Basically I've been taking on a string of Minutemen quests all this time, since I'm in no hurry to get to the main quest line.

I wish there was a way to rename your Dog though. The default name is obvious and unexciting.

Guest bitroast

F'FOURLOUT

Uhh yeah. Im enjoying what ive played of F4llout but havent played it much as probably expecting cos id rather sink in long chunk of "sesh" into dis one but have only had so much time. Is so lame.

the game has been completely ruined for me because i cant pick locks. every time i get into an interestig quest, or explore anywhere, i get to a point where i cant progress, or find an interesting box i cant get inside. its a shame cos it really looks like an amazing game.

Assuming it's the same as Fallout 3 - Imagine the lock is a clockface: the far left position being about the 7 o'clock position on a clock face, the far right being around 4 o'clock. Somewhere in that range is the 'hour' (angle) you need the bobby pin to be at for the lock to do it's thing.

Depending on the lock difficulty will be how accurate you need to be at finding that exact 'hour' on the lock (an easy lock, for example, wouldn't mind if you were anyware from around the 8-10 o'clock position, a hard lock would need you to be real close to 9 o'clock). The more movement the bobby pin allows you to rotate the lock, the closer you are to finding that angle: jiggling the pin with no movement to the lock means you are way off, more movement means you're closer to the correct angle.

As an example, say I had a lock that opened at the 1 o'clock position. I'd first try someone in the middle on the left (somewhere about 9 o'clock) - nope. Then on the far right (around 3 o'clock) - nope still nothing. Then fully upright (12 o'clock) - ooh, a tiny twist ..... so I'll try 11 o'clock - nope less of a turn possible, how about a bit more to the right of the 12 o'clock .... bingo !

It's basically just a version of the 'hotter ... colder' game you'd play as a kid where you had to guess a number.

the game has been completely ruined for me because i cant pick locks. every time i get into an interestig quest, or explore anywhere, i get to a point where i cant progress, or find an interesting box i cant get inside. its a shame cos it really looks like an amazing game.

What platform are you playing on?

Assuming it's the same as Fallout 3 - Imagine the lock is a clockface: the far left position being about the 7 o'clock position on a clock face, the far right being around 4 o'clock. Somewhere in that range is the 'hour' (angle) you need the bobby pin to be at for the lock to do it's thing.

Depending on the lock difficulty will be how accurate you need to be at finding that exact 'hour' on the lock (an easy lock, for example, wouldn't mind if you were anyware from around the 8-10 o'clock position, a hard lock would need you to be real close to 9 o'clock). The more movement the bobby pin allows you to rotate the lock, the closer you are to finding that angle: jiggling the pin with no movement to the lock means you are way off, more movement means you're closer to the correct angle.

As an example, say I had a lock that opened at the 1 o'clock position. I'd first try someone in the middle on the left (somewhere about 9 o'clock) - nope. Then on the far right (around 3 o'clock) - nope still nothing. Then fully upright (12 o'clock) - ooh, a tiny twist ..... so I'll try 11 o'clock - nope less of a turn possible, how about a bit more to the right of the 12 o'clock .... bingo !

It's basically just a version of the 'hotter ... colder' game you'd play as a kid where you had to guess a number.

I think you missed his post where he said he can't see the lock or bobby pin. It just doesn't show up on his screen when picking locks.

Seriously, that sucks, messiaen. Hopefully they come out with a fix for it soon, cuz it is indeed an amazing game.

One good thing of not having any money to get a new game and a new system to play the game on is that once I finally have some extra cash it's probably been out for a while and all the kinks have been fixed.

Anyone played F3 and NV with all the various mods that are available for them?

Really good artictle.

I never let bugs like the ones in Fallout 4 prevent me from playing these games, unless it's literally an unavoidable game breaking bug. There is a very simple solution to most annoying bugs like the one with dog running through the lasers: save often. And that's beneficial for tons more reasons. Then learn and adapt. For the instance of dog running through the lasers, after learning that dog is a dog and doesn't care for lasers like that and after loading up your quicksave, command dog to stay in a safe place before disarming traps, and do that from then on. Companion AI problem solved. There are so many things like that with simple solutions. Of coarse some bugs simply have no solution. Those are the ones Bethesda should focus on patching, obviously. But like I said, unless it's something that unavoidably prevents me from going further in the game, I'm still gonna play it and have fun. Fortunately, I have pretty good luck with stuff like this and don't run into as many bugs as so many people are reporting.

Now after reading that article, I have a much better understanding of why there are so many bugs allowed through. And it's a damn good reason. Better than the simple ones I was coming up with, like "a game that massive and that allows that much freedom is bound to have bugs". That's just part of it. Although I'm already willing to play games with bugs, this article was still a great read and very informative. Go read it if you haven't yet, and especially if you don't respect Bethesda much because they don't "properly" polish games.

Designer-unintended mayhem (like dog running through lasers) in Bethesda games are part of the reason I love playing these games. Who didn't thoroughly enjoy themselves every time a giant launched someone into the stratosphere in Skyrim?

One good thing of not having any money to get a new game and a new system to play the game on is that once I finally have some extra cash it's probably been out for a while and all the kinks have been fixed.

Anyone played F3 and NV with all the various mods that are available for them?

For FO3: I recommend grabbing FOOK 2 (FallOut Overhaul Kit), Fellout (for earthier colours), and Weapon Mod Kits, just to name a few. For NV: Project Nevada is the highest recommended mod - adds a bunch of new weapons, mods, crafting items, and even cybernetic implants. I recommend visiting NexusMods to grab them. Most of the "readme" sections will tell you that you'll need a couple of special utilities first, but all the details are there.

Fallout 4 may be even more expansive and in-depth than Skyrim was. At least that's the impression I'm getting so far. Reached lvl 20 now, and still feels like I barely started.

Archived