IGNORED

Fallout 4 is here...

Muflontillah

One good thing of not having any money to get a new game and a new system to play the game on is that once I finally have some extra cash it's probably been out for a while and all the kinks have been fixed.

Anyone played F3 and NV with all the various mods that are available for them?

For FO3: I recommend grabbing FOOK 2 (FallOut Overhaul Kit), Fellout (for earthier colours), and Weapon Mod Kits, just to name a few. For NV: Project Nevada is the highest recommended mod - adds a bunch of new weapons, mods, crafting items, and even cybernetic implants. I recommend visiting NexusMods to grab them. Most of the "readme" sections will tell you that you'll need a couple of special utilities first, but all the details are there.

Fallout 4 may be even more expansive and in-depth than Skyrim was. At least that's the impression I'm getting so far. Reached lvl 20 now, and still feels like I barely started.

Ya, from what I've done so far, I barely feel like I've scratched the surface too. I guess they weren't kidding when they said 400+ hours of gameplay material.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Designer-unintended mayhem (like dog running through lasers) in Bethesda games are part of the reason I love playing these games. Who didn't thoroughly enjoy themselves every time a giant launched someone into the stratosphere in Skyrim?

Good point. There are so many Bethesda bugs that are just plain hilarious. It can be pretty damn entertaining.

I think you missed his post where he said he can't see the lock or bobby pin. It just doesn't show up on his screen when picking locks.

Oops I totally did - By 'can't' I thought he meant wasn't sure how to rather than the mechanic itself is busted on his machine !

the game has been completely ruined for me because i cant pick locks. every time i get into an interestig quest, or explore anywhere, i get to a point where i cant progress, or find an interesting box i cant get inside. its a shame cos it really looks like an amazing game.

I assume you're playing on PC. I had a look around and it appears to happen for people running 1280x1024. someone created this mod to resolve some of the 1280x1024 issues, including the invisible lockpicking bug. try your luck with it.

^ lolol

Piper doesn't fuck around does she

I had a run-in with a damn Alpha Deathclaw yesterday. If I wasn't already wearing Power Armor and packing an Alien Blaster, I probably wouldn't have lasted five seconds.

This game runs like ass on my computer.

Still fun though.

Level 3 now, just did the power armor bit in concord.

I need to do some research on .ini tweaking to figure out how to get it to run smoother on my laptop.

Disappointing because that means I'll probably not be able to run the next Elder Scrolls game. :(

Legit. I've spent most of my time doing the side quests actually. Basically taking the Napoleon approach by expanding my empire of Minutemen settlements after conquering Raider camps and clearing out areas infested by rad-mutated zombies and critters.

Ya, the side quests are amazing so far. I'm also doing stuff for the Minutemen, as well as the Brotherhood of Steel. Did a lot of exploring too.

I'm lvl 20 now. 32 hours in. Found some better power armor in a military place doing missions for the BoS. The 51 version if I recall correctly. Upgraded it to B and added a bunch of extras to it thanks to my Science perk. I was thinking of putting points into my armorer perk so I can upgrade my power armor even more but my power armor is so damn powerful as it is. Is it really necessary to make it even better? Maybe a while down the road? No one can touch me right now. Even legendary enemies. I haven't died since using my power armor regularly. Also, I have like 30 fusion cores, 25 of which are fully charged.

I have some really awesome weapons now too. Like a completely maxed out in all of the top upgrades/mods legendary silenced recon sighted 10mm pistol that does lots of radiation damage too. A legendary mini-gun that also does laser damage and has a chance to turn the enemy into a pile of goo. An incredibly modded .50 caliber sniper rifle. A legendary wrench that has a chance to freeze enemies. A legendary laser rifle with increased critical chance and damage. And a ton of ammo for them all thanks to my ammo finding perk.

Damnit, it's 1:45AM! I gotta start being able to save and quit my game in Fallout 4 earlier in the night so I can get to sleep at a decent hour. It's so damn good though.

I love hunting raiders. the Corvega factory mission was amazon and also great way to demonstrate the new visual sexiness of FO4, as you clumb up the levels and looked down on the surrounding wasteland. there was even a nod to FO3 in there.

when you eliminate the head honcho of the raider squad, Jared. you cross the platform to his little office hideout so you can loot the body, and then two raiders, completely unaware their compadres have been wiped out, enter the room and are aghast. this was a clear nod to the moment in the Super Duper Mart in FO3, when you wipe out everyone in the main room and go to the back, and then you hear a squawk over the supermarket PA as a crew come back fresh from a raid and find all the bodies you've heaped.

actually I'm finding many FO3 references.

Yeah there are quite a few FO3 throwback references.

And I just stumbled upon a full set of T-60 Power Armor! I'm finding all kinds of neat stuff just from random exploring and following certain radio frequencies til they're clear of static. The only time I've sought a walkthrough online was on a certain BoS quest that I couldn't complete due to a glitch, ultimately forcing me to abandon the first playthrough and start over from scratch onto a second one. And the crafting...always hunting for Adhesives, Fiber Optics, etc...

No coincidence that I've been sleep-deprived since the game came out. Speaking of which, off to bed.

I've been running this reshade mod based on Kodachrome and Technicolor film-stocks and it looks incredible. That's exactly how the game was supposed to look for me.

There are some tweaked .ini files on this website as well for low specs computers

Also the Glowing Sea is an amazing place

qAwIlRC.jpg

also cannot attach any wires to any of my structures stuff, no idea why. none of the fixes are working. hopefully bethesda sorts this shit out.

that sucks man, hope they fix it and you can have a clean start. have you tried reinstalling?

also cannot attach any wires to any of my structures stuff, no idea why. none of the fixes are working. hopefully bethesda sorts this shit out.

that sucks man, hope they fix it and you can have a clean start. have you tried reinstalling?

Yeah I'd back up your save files and reinstall hombre, I haven't heard of anyone else having these kinds of issues

il give it a try, hopefully it will get it sorted, because im having a wail of a time with it until i get to the bottom of a dungeon to find an advanced looking locked box thats probably brimming with cool shit that i have no way of getting into. its killing my vibe.

i also cant wear armour for some reason. i get the stats bonus, but my character just wanders around the wasteland getting told off by his followers for being in his underpants.

il give it a try, hopefully it will get it sorted, because im having a wail of a time with it until i get to the bottom of a dungeon to find an advanced looking locked box thats probably brimming with cool shit that i have no way of getting into. its killing my vibe.

i also cant wear armour for some reason. i get the stats bonus, but my character just wanders around the wasteland getting told off by his followers for being in his underpants.

You should get Cait as a companion in the meantime, so she can lockpick shit for you

Seems hit-and-miss for me. For Laser Turrets and Recruitment Beacons it's no problem, but I can't wire up the generators to the TV sets in Sanctuary for some reason, even when there's nothing in the way.

lol @ discrimination against the under-clothed. I've found armor pieces can be equipped if you wear the Vault 111 Jumpsuit, but doesn't seem to be compatible with any other outfits.

The wires are buggy for sure. They seem to get obstructed easily.

As for the Jumpsuits and stuff, its pretty unclear in the Apparel menu what that slot actually is. Its kind of a bit of trial and error. Some examples that work in replacement of your vault suit are Road Leathers(?), Long Johns, Military Outfit and the BoS (Brotherhood of steel) Jumpsuits look fucking good. That old dude in the north has an all black one that I'm eyeing off. But I don't have the heart to kill him. The vault suits have good stats and have more mod slots than anything else I've found.

I've been running this reshade mod based on Kodachrome and Technicolor film-stocks and it looks incredible. That's exactly how the game was supposed to look for me.

There are some tweaked .ini files on this website as well for low specs computers

Also the Glowing Sea is an amazing place

Aww mang, I can't wait to download this mod and play Tomorrow's Harvest at the same time! :D

Archived