IGNORED

Fallout 4 is here...

Muflontillah

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah the game has a lot going for it in terms of crafting and building - something its predecessor was very limited in comparatively.

Seems like I need Screws for most of the weapon upgrades I wanna make, but they're relatively hard to find.

I spent 2.5 hours creating my character with a reference picture of me on my second monitor. It's a really great creation/sculpting system and I got close enough, but there were some obvious limitations. For example, I went through all of the lips, re-sculpting each of them to try to get them as close to mine as possible and had to settle for something that looked just a little similar. Same with the eyes. I have thick eyelids and all of the eyelids in the game are thin. My mustache is a little off too. Like I said though, it's close enough. Whenever I see my character's face I do kinda see myself. I'm not about to spend even more time on it, especially knowing what I have is probably as close as I'm gonna get.

I then spent the remainder of my day playing the actual game. According to Steam, I'm over 10 hours into it now. I'm level 7. I'm general of a certain faction (no spoilers). My hometown in Sanctuary is coming along nicely with all of the people's needs met. I have some turrets guarding the main pathways. Soon, hopefully today, I will build a steel wall around the main section for better protection. I also have a few other areas with the workshop unlocked now.

I was planning on saving, exiting the game and going to bed at around midnight. That didn't happen. I couldn't stop playing. Not when there's so much to do that, of coarse, needs to get done before bed. So I finally went to bed at close to 2am. Time just flies when playing this game.

So far it's exactly what I'm looking for in a new Fallout game. It's a blast!

Tip 1: When creating your character, give him/her a ton of intelligence. Intelligence boosts your experience gain by a good amount and since there's no level cap, that's a must have as it never runs out of it's usefulness, like in previous Fallout games.

Tip 2: Don't put anymore than 9 into any SPECIAL attribute when creating your character. Veterans of Fallout games will know this, but collecting bobbleheads permanently increases your SPECIAL attribute for that bobblehead by 1. You cannot have an attribute base above 10. So if you put 10 points in, then find the bobblehead for that attribute, you lost out on a point gain that could have gone into something else.

I've been wasting way too much time gardening and tidying up in this game. Voluntary chores are my bane.

Edit: It's great though! I'm just stupid.

I've been wasting way too much time gardening and tidying up in this game. Voluntary chores are my bane.

Edit: It's great though! I'm just stupid.

Struggling for control in a system in disarray

I think it's sleazy that the son in this game has the same name as the son in Heavy Rain. It's even spelled exactly the same. The story is already similar enough, so that was a bad decision.

Fallout 4: Return of the Origami Killer

quote: "SHAAAUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!"

I think it's more sleazy that the main character in this game has the same name as me. It's even spelled exactly the same.

Already restarted on a second playthrough 2 days ago because I was stuck on a certain quest which I could not complete due to some glitch. But now I'm thinking I don't want to join that faction anyway (not saying which one)

Before I constantly needed screws for crafting, now it's adhesive. It also seems the enemies and items are rearranged throughout the Commonwealth. Bethesda must have engineered it so each playthrough yields different arrangements.

except i cant open absolutely anything with a lock on it. im getting pretty irritated.

So almost all the locks are somewhere in the 11 or 1 o'clock position. Sometimes they are around 3 or 9. Can't you just use sound to hear when the pin will break and adjust it accordingly?

Already restarted on a second playthrough 2 days ago because I was stuck on a certain quest which I could not complete due to some glitch. But now I'm thinking I don't want to join that faction anyway (not saying which one)

Before I constantly needed screws for crafting, now it's adhesive. It also seems the enemies and items are rearranged throughout the Commonwealth. Bethesda must have engineered it so each playthrough yields different arrangements.

What do you get screws from? I'm always low on them, and I need a bunch to upgrade my weapons right now. My damage is too low.

I'm not sure, but you seem to get them from scrapping junk found in buildings, also from weapons upgrades.

except i cant open absolutely anything with a lock on it. im getting pretty irritated.

So almost all the locks are somewhere in the 11 or 1 o'clock position. Sometimes they are around 3 or 9. Can't you just use sound to hear when the pin will break and adjust it accordingly?

What do you get screws from? I'm always low on them, and I need a bunch to upgrade my weapons right now. My damage is too low.

i dont know, how about you try closing your eyes and picking an advanced lock. because i certainly cant do it.

i dont know, how about you try closing your eyes and picking an advanced lock. because i certainly cant do it.

haha I'll give it a shot.

For screws, look for any kind of lamps, globes, toy cars & trucks, or anything else with spinning parts. Adhesives seem to be most commonly found in duct tape and Wonderglues.

Also tricked out my 10mm pistol and laser musket to the point where most raiders go down easily. I'd like to beef up my power armor though, once I gather more materials.

I put together a kick-ass sniper-rifle from a pipe pistol/rifle. It has a powerful receiver, so it basically takes out any raider in 1 shot as long as it's a chest or head shot. It has a long scope, a long barrel and a marksman's stock, so long distance shots are quite easy. I love it!

Next up will be my gun thats basically the Fallout 4 tommy gun. I got it off a raider while taking over a factory. It's great as is, but I want it to be amazing. Then I'll beef up my shotgun. That way I'll be more than well covered for long, medium and short range combat.

My Sanctuary is coming along great too. I have strategically placed walls surrounding the main section of my fort. Each gate has at least a guard post and 2 turrets, with the main gate having that plus a guard tower that peers over the wall. I haven't been attacked yet, but I think I'll be ready for one once it comes any time now.

I'm absolutely loving this game right now!

Archived