IGNORED

How did you get into Ae?

Schlitze

I think I heard about them thanks to me getting into Aphex Twin in 2018. I kept watching this video about the NTS Sessions and the other video the guy did on ae and one night in January 2019 i said "fuck it" and listened to NTS Session 1. First impressions went about as well as you'd expect of a persons first Autechre project being NTS01 but I still found a bit to like about it so I tried about every album they had and it finally started clicking with my second listen of Exai in March of that same year. I've pretty much been an ae fanboi (heh) ever since.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im 25 now, I first heard them in high school when I had my run through of the Warp catalog. Didnt click at first, but then years passed and I had a friend who is collecting modular synths and was talking about AE a lot. I gave them a chance, this was about 4-5 years ago and the Live sets totally blew my mind. Like the fact that they are able to wrap their ideas in Max and replay/interact w them instead of playing mp3s. Im not much into older AEs maybe its that im young, though I love Bine, Flutter, Dropp and some other early tracks. But to me Elseq/NTS and the live sets from 14/15 and 16/18 are the best and most mindblowing and my most listened music ive ever heard. Total headfuck. For more than a year now I listen to one of the onesix sets every day, feels like life support at this point. Alien shit. I decided to pick up Max then and it cured my depression. AE is definitely the best thing that happened to me

• Like 10

Kudos to you guyz for getting into ae in these chaotic times with so much noise around, with so many bands and projects around that makes finding and distinguishing high quality music so hard today! ???

Edited by xox
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 9:51 PM, X4creek said:

First impressions went about as well as you'd expect of a persons first Autechre project being NTS01

Jeez, yeah that'd be a bit of a baptism of fire - Like seeing if you're into Japanese music by starting off with Merzbow's Pulse Demon !

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Farnsworth 1