IGNORED

Collidoscope - granular synth

TRiP

While it looks very cool, it is nothing that can't be done with granular synthesis in general.

That said the physical nature of it is pretty alluring.

Makes we wanna continue my search for the best granular synth eva

Looks like it's be a cool little big thing for museums and educational centres, but for the normal composer the size of the thing looks properly overkill to be of any practical use. Bet it costs a fair bit too having screens that big and sharp too!

There are a ton of Reaktor ensembles that do that sort of stuff better imo and can all be mapped to midi stuff for the physical manipulation part. In fact Samplr on the iPad is better due to it not being bigger than me!!! Lol, the sample screen on the Collidoscope is comical. If it was super high res for detailed edits it might be useful but they could have used an led array at that resolution and at least it would have looked cool.

40 years ago maybe....

In fact Samplr on the iPad is better due to it not being bigger than me!!

There's VirtualANS as well -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6aYQUsQYMg

Yeah man, there's loads now ive thought about - ive tried to use VirtualANS but not really had too much joy with it. CS Grain, iDensity, Mega Curtis, Slither, Soundscaper, Borderlands etc etc all are a few quid and add in the price of a 2nd hand ipad air and you can grain yourself stupid anywhere you fancy.

I think I've come to realize I just like big, oversized instruments. I love full keyboard monstrosities when it comes to my synths, but will often just use the sequencers around to make a bassline via midi. But I'll be damned if I'm playing a keyboard that isn't actually part of the instrument... I love sampling, but hate clicking to make music happen and get rather bored editing sounds and samples on a computer for the most part... but I have no problem whipping out the sequencers and kit and playing with the same lil bits for hours and hours outside of the computer. So maybe that's my allure to this.

I don't know why I'm not normal like the rest of WATMM.

I think I've come to realize I just like big, oversized instruments. I love full keyboard monstrosities when it comes to my synths, but will often just use the sequencers around to make a bassline via midi. But I'll be damned if I'm playing a keyboard that isn't actually part of the instrument... I love sampling, but hate clicking to make music happen and get rather bored editing sounds and samples on a computer for the most part... but I have no problem whipping out the sequencers and kit and playing with the same lil bits for hours and hours outside of the computer. So maybe that's my allure to this.

I'm this way about editing on computer too. I don't mind tweaking start/end/loop points on a hardware sampler but I hate doing it in software even though it's way easier and takes 10% the time.

I could be wrong here, but don't gear the fetishists outnumber the mouse and keyboard folks on here? Though maybe it's like with vegans, some of them are just more annoyingly vocal about it. :whistling:

I could be wrong here, but don't gear the fetishists outnumber the mouse and keyboard folks on here? Though maybe it's like with vegans, some of them are just more annoyingly vocal about it. :whistling:

Do you follow me around the forum now to troll on me? It's probably coincidental, but quite flattering that you quote me more than anyone else does. That quote is pure sarcasm. WATMM normal = Not normal - get it?

I don't think that there are more gear-heads than software/programmer types on here, or at least not ones with the exact sentiment in the rest of what I said. I seemed to be in the minority in this thread and any topic where internal/attached keys or mini-keys is concerned, so there's that. I'd say it's more me being lazy and selective, but it does seem to differ from the norm on here somewhat. I'm probably wrong lol.

Didn't mean to go all 'vegan' on you by lamenting and liking a product. But while I'm at it, please stop eating software, it has executables that are manufactured inhumanely and have you seen what it does to a CPU in vitro?! - Grow your own VCO's. ALL ORGANIC OR NOTHING.

anaLOG-Synth-7518740.jpg

Do you follow me around the forum now to troll on me? It's probably coincidental, but quite flattering that you quote me more than anyone else does.

Do I? I have no recollection of quoting you prior to this, no doubt I have, but it's not something I waste much thought on to be honest (and my memory is shit). I was just joking though, not trolling, relax. There's nothing wrong with gear fetishism, whatever makes you happy!

Archived