IGNORED

Sesame Credit - new social control tool in china

delet...

lolz... i will win the game!

Nobody wins, as the majority normalises to the expected levels of obedience, they'll move the goalposts. And within the system, one imagines that quite arbitrary and contradictory changes in expected behaviour will be implemented as they tweak their control model to reflect the whims and fashions of the current ideological tenets, each new change of course being sacrosanct and whoa betide anyone that doesn't keep up.

As to facebook, they are already implementing social control measures. Like facebook germany nixing links that express opposition to mass immigration.

When I first watched the above video with my brother we were discussing how it could be implemented, and I stated that it would be likely that in china a good proportion of the early adopters of the 'rewards' system will likely be women, precisely because of said 'rewards'. And before you cry sexism, what on earth has that anything to do with it, women are more likely to coupon, look for discounted rates when going anywhere etc. and aren't as likely to go against the prevailing power structure, instead prefering to conform to social norms. Therefore, it is likely that this system's early adopters will be women and that they will drag the men in their lives into alignment with it.

lolz... i will win the game!

When I first watched the above video with my brother we were discussing how it could be implemented, and I stated that it would be likely that in china a good proportion of the early adopters of the 'rewards' system will likely be women, precisely because of said 'rewards'. And before you cry sexism, what on earth has that anything to do with it, women are more likely to coupon, look for discounted rates when going anywhere etc. and aren't as likely to go against the prevailing power structure, instead prefering to conform to social norms. Therefore, it is likely that this system's early adopters will be women and that they will drag the men in their lives into alignment with it.

Simple demographics alone will tell you that the biggest proportion of likely users in China will be men. Added on to the fact that it is important for the man to show that he has good credit and a house in a desirable location, along with a nice car, and it becomes even more obvious that men will be the largest user base to start.

You can bet that if the system works well in the private sector (which is where they're launching these in China - there are 5 of them altogether) that the CPC will implement their own version.

Can anyone think of a counter-strategy to Sesame Credit?

Sent from my pee-pee using poo-poo

Don't use it, discourage everyone else from using it. Perhaps getting high profile/powerful people on board with rejecting it and get them to purposefully nuke their score would send a message. Though this is from a Western perspective, I imagine the Chinese party has much more control over power and profile in their country.

Okay, so the answer lies in Signalling Theory

(Credit is a social signal)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signalling_theory

The TL;DR punchline is that if/when signals no longer represent actual merit, they will lose credibility (and thus impact)

So if there were some way to decouple the signal from what it's meant to represent...

Something like widespread hacking that arbitrarily changes scores

Or a sufficiently-large movement of people purposefully getting low scores...

how about 1bil people working together to install a democratic government

something something tyranny of the majority *goes to shitpost on a libertarian forum*

:catnope:

In my honest opinion there is nothing we can do and as soon as this hits the western world we will embrace it like we embrace any 1984 type of shit they trow at us.

CISPA is now the law of the land, nobody cared nobody gave a shit and nobody gives a shit, its sad.

Archived