IGNORED

Stag Do's

dumplings

Well, I'm getting married in a couple months time and I'm getting pretty stressed out in regards to the stag do. Me and the (soon to be) missus have been organising the whole wedding day ourselves and the cost is out of our pocket. Albeit, it is a small occasion with a smattering of friends and largely immediate family, it's been quite an absorbing affair to plan for.

Anyway, I've never been on a stag do myself; I don't drink, take drugs etc. Which may well be the case of my choosing to write the one for me, off. However, I get it in the ear from the guys at work constantly which is what irks me somewhat. I'm a carpenter by trade and I work with a bunch of hairy-arsed-builders. I like the guys and have plenty of fun whilst at work but I don't follow their 'ladlike' behaviour in any sense. It's like I'm a different person being at work with them because when I come home, I'm a quiet, sensible, laid back person.

They want to take me abroad somewhere in the Balkans and get smashed etc etc. Meh.

Is it weird that I'd much prefer a more quiet affair with some close friends; an activity day, lots of food.

Is it weird that I'd much prefer a more quiet affair with some close friends; an activity day, lots of food.

No. Do whatever floats your boat. It's your bachelor party so it sould be all about what you like doing.

do whatever you want/feels right- theres too much pressure on people to
A) get married
B)spend a fortune getting married
C) having some elaborate all weekender hen/stag

the whole thing is bullshit.

I get went out for a booze up with my mates (mostly female but some LADS)

(finished the night falling asleep with my head in the loo after vomiting everywhere)

300188_10150357729608764_6486313_n.jpg?o

the man wanted a chilled out night, something akin to Kath and Kim's Kel whcih of course isnt on Utube. he goes to a nice restaurant. Its finnneee

For my stag weekend we hired a cottage in the Peak District and intended to do some nice walks and such. The first evening we had over 2' of snow and had to get a local farmer to dig our cars out in the end. No walking was done all weekend, but we did get really drunk, ate loads of food, and thankfully my best man brought his turntables so we basically had a lock in for 2 days. I didn't sleep much and have plenty of find memories.

TL;Dr

Do whatever you want, it's your weekend.

When you're married you won't be able to!

*if you cant do whatever you want* after marriage than dont get married.

If you want to fuck about, be single or in consensual polyamorous relationship. If you cant go out because you are married or in a relationship than you need to see that you are in a controlling/controlled relationship which isnt healthy.

sorry but that statement pisses me off.

Born to smart to be one of the lads, born too dumb to be one of the intellectuals

Welcome to the average club

Don't let the orangutans you work with ruin your big day, stay at home, read a book and play chess, your fiance will probably go to a strip club and realise that all she ever wanted was Adonis

Also why are you getting married if you hate festivity and fun ?

i got married last august. didn't have a stag do and didn't want one... few people seemed a bit disappointed but they soon got over it... don't let anyone pressure you into something you don't feel comfortable with and remember your wedding is about you and your wife to be and nobody else.

also me and my wife had such an amazing time at our wedding that nothing else was needed! don't listen to any of that "last night of freedom crap" or get carted off to amsterdam for a 3 day bender (unless you really want to).

*if you cant do whatever you want* after marriage than dont get married.

If you want to fuck about, be single or in consensual polyamorous relationship. If you cant go out because you are married or in a relationship than you need to see that you are in a controlling/controlled relationship which isnt healthy.

sorry but that statement pisses me off.

Sorry, was kinda meant as a joke but in hindsight it wasn't that funny.

Hope the marriage goes well!

It's my 3rd wedding anniversary on Wednesday. It's flown by.

Thanks for the all the replies!

I thought I was alone in thinking different to that of a typical lads stag do was the way to do it and I understand I'm not bound to people's opinions of what I do, just nice to get some level headed responses for a change. I don't want to come across like I'm looking down on people that do like that type of thing either, it just doesn't float for me is all.

I think I'm just akin to that of an old codger when it comes to things like this and I'm mostly fine with that :dadjoke:

Also; we wanted a small, intimate wedding with close family on the day but my uncle partially leaked the info and it snowballed from there. Luckily we've rounded it down to a doable number where most of the people we see regularly, are the ones that are there on the day.

Anyway, I've never been on a stag do myself; I don't drink, take drugs etc. Which may well be the case of my choosing to write the one for me, off. However, I get it in the ear from the guys at work constantly which is what irks me somewhat.

fuck them.

my best man brought his turntables so we basically had a lock in for 2 days. I didn't sleep much and have plenty of find memories.

this sounds like an awesome way to spend a weekend, think i'll do something similar if i ever get married.

Archived