IGNORED

Can someone explain this

ambermonk

In dutch a duck is called an "eend". In the Netherlands ducks now have a protected status as they were almost dying out because they are a national delicacy and people were grabbing them out of public ponds left and right to make eendenpastei (type of pate) or pekeleend (salted and cured duck) with. 

So if you're ever here don't mess with the ducks or you might get a fine or even a short jail sentence!

Can you still get the duck pate tho? That sounds tasty... I want some duck banh mi

Duck paté/foie gras is so fucking nasty.

and cruel? Force feeding them until their liver fattens up?

In dutch a duck is called an "eend". In the Netherlands ducks now have a protected status as they were almost dying out because they are a national delicacy and people were grabbing them out of public ponds left and right to make eendenpastei (type of pate) or pekeleend (salted and cured duck) with. 

So if you're ever here don't mess with the ducks or you might get a fine or even a short jail sentence!

Can you still get the duck pate tho? That sounds tasty... I want some duck banh mi

duck banh mi is amaze.

This thread is officially about ducks now.

I'd like to alter the title to The Official Ducks Thread, but I think only Mods and Admins have that capability if I'm not mistaken

Duck paté/foie gras is so fucking nasty.

That's goose liver though, different product. Dutch duck pate is mostly shredded duck.

Now we just import all of our duck delicacies from Belgium and Luxembourg as they are still chock full of ducks.

what if i told you people upset by this are still in the subset of the population who let the kardashians affect their lives, and are thus still deriving value from tabloid media? what if this thread exists to rally people who "get it", people who exist on the societal fringe?

what if, in truth, it's all beneath contempt?

Archived