IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I was highly enthusiastic about Kamala until I got to know a bit more about her and understood that, within the sphere of the Democrats, she is probably more conservative than ideal. there's a fair amount of dissenting opinion that in her time as DA and then AG she came down a bit too heavily on the side of the law and was not as open to forward-thinking alternative paths as she could have been. there's a good chance that she might carry that kind of reticence into the Oval Office, when there are a million opposing voices in her ear and she has to make compromises.

however, that is not entirely a dealbreaker for me, and she may well end up being the strongest option for the Dems, which is to say the sanest choice as far as removing the orange shitstain and the party of feckless racist old white dudes goes. I still support her. I don't really know what to think of Bernie anymore as a viable candidate. I'd love to see the debates between them though. wouldn't it be nice to have some proper, intellectually rigorous debates between a panel of equally capable and "good" candidates rather than the world's most boring roast session between partisan favourites?

maybe bernie is going to wind up raising support for his friend Tulsi Gabbard and passing the torch. I hope so, she such a hottie, both politically and physically. Hubba Hubba! 

Gabbard sucks, she's a shitty reactionary who only bends to progress because Americans demand it rather than truly believing in it and pushing for it herself.

Gabbard sucks, she's a shitty reactionary who only bends to progress because Americans demand it rather than truly believing in it and pushing for it herself.

Yeah for sure. We should never give people a second chance when they change their views. No redemption ever. Obama was initially against gay marriage as a politician, and I feel sure that this is the ONLY thing that we should remember him for, it should be his entire legacy. Never mind the good things he did, like skirting social instability after the financial crisis, or the Iran nuclear deal. Hell, we can eve disregard all of his errors, like his mismanagement of the war on terror, and what he allowed in Libya and the fact that he let torturers off the hook from the previous admin. Forget about all that, the important thing is that he once didn't want dem queers on da alter. 

In all seriousness I share your concerns, but she put her life on the line in the military and she knows the true cost of war, and she has also been making speeches against Saudi Arabia lately (and calling attention to how dangerous they are as an 'ally'); people give her shit for talking to Assad, but her priority there (no surprises given her military experience) is a peaceful political solution to the civil war and an end to realpolitik maneuvering between the US, Iran, Russia (and other interested parties) which does not serve the interests of Syrian civilians. 

don't be stupid, it's not about her former views on gay marriage or any other single issue. rather it's the how/when/why of her shifting of views which betrays her flawed inner thinking and decisionmaking process. and she still holds plenty of dumb views, namely in the sphere of foreign policy. her takes on problematic relationships and bad allies are like watching someone try to play piano with their thumbs. don't even start about Syrian lives, no American politician cares, in fact someone who makes a pretense of caring is the first person to distrust because they're probably working it for something.

ultimately someone with that many strikes and a demonstrated recalcitrance on approaching complex issues carefully has no business in high office, and if this weren't a post-Trump world she wouldn't look half as good.

also read the rules.

Edited by usagi

fuck you and fuck the rules. You offer no real criticism with your shitty thumb jokes. Maybe you should try taking the training wheels off of your intellect so that you can offer a response that has maybe jus a lil bit of substance. 

rebel here.

apologies usagi (and sorry to you Owl of Minerv for offending your delicate sensibility). What do you say we all bury the hatchet with some Bowie?

How much of a goddamn idiot is Roger Stone? Get raided at 6am by an FBI squad, indicted, released, then he posts on his Instagram a picture of the Judge with a crossshair over her, then removes the crosshairs and reposts the same pic, then takes it down and has his legal team of jokesters send the Judge a "Notice of Apology" lol like that's even a real thing. Now he has to appear before her again. Pure ballz.

"A federal judge has demanded that Roger Stone explain why the conditions of his release and freedom  should not be changed after he posted an Instagram photo of that judge that included her name, a close-up of her face and what appeared to be the crosshairs of a gun sight near her head."

I really want to hear his answer to this. lol

Edited by colunga

I love how Bernie roasted Howard Schultz in a CBS interview yesterday morning - the same day he made his official announcement. "Oh, isn't that nice?" No one with any common sense should give a flying fuck what Schultz has to say. We should care about him why, because he's a billionaire? Exactly.

Well, there ya go. I'm a Bernie bro. Have been for the last three years. He's already raised $1M in campaign donations in less than 4 hours yesterday, not to mention surging in popularity in the 2020 polls. Establishment media is scared of him. Trump and the GOP are scared of him. And so are centrist neoliberal Democrats. It's beautiful.

I love how Bernie roasted Howard Schultz in a CBS interview yesterday morning - the same day he made his official announcement. "Oh, isn't that nice?" No one with any common sense should give a flying fuck what Schultz has to say. We should care about him why, because he's a billionaire? Exactly.

Well, there ya go. I'm a Bernie bro. Have been for the last three years. He's already raised $1M in campaign donations in less than 4 hours yesterday, not to mention surging in popularity in the 2020 polls. Establishment media is scared of him. Trump and the GOP are scared of him. And so are centrist neoliberal Democrats. It's beautiful.

yeah, very good interview & premium quality man, that sanders

hope he doesn't die of dotage during his term if he gets elected

lol