IGNORED

Chuck Berry (1926-2017)

joshuatxuk

“Everything I wrote about wasn’t about me, but about the people listening.”

– Chuck Berry

15555887a0320708ec76ceb200a3802a.jpg

This man was so lengendary his music is floating out of the solar system into the vast cosmos.

The golden plaque, attached to the Voyager spacecraft, was etched with a medley of Earth sounds, from a baby’s cry to musical selections ranging from a Bach fugue to Chuck Berry’s upbeat “Johnny B. Goode.” Not long after the probe was launched, a psychic played by Steve Martin on “Saturday Night Live” revealed that aliens had promptly delivered this urgent four-word response: “Send more Chuck Berry.”

you gotta love oldies, always good happy fun

this guy's music has filled so many people with pure joy, you can't beat that!

a great life lived sir! rip

RIP dude, you were the first "show" I went to, the rents took my sister and I to see him play the Quonset AFB sometime in the late 80s, I didn't have any appreciation of music back then but at least grasped that I was witnessing a living lege... if anything fair play to making it to 2017 and cashing in your chips before the real shit begins.

Well I only played Promised Land yesterday (before I heard the news). I loved Chuck Berry's music as a kid, when I first heard Summertime Blues, it was one of those eureka! moments.

RIP

Archived